Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening, just after it turned dark outside, I went out to move my wifes 1996 Blazer behind my new 2006 GMC Dually. I used the Blazer remote to open the door and started the Blazer. I turned on her headlights and positioned the Blazer behind the dually. As soon as the Blazer headlights hit the rear end of the dually, the dually yellow rear lights and fender clearance lights started to flash. A few minutes later another set of headlights hit the rear of the dually, on an angle, and the dually flashed again. Later I tried to reproduce the flashing, but have been unable. Anyone know what I am seeing??? Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not certain, but you might want to keep your eyes open for little green men.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Are you sure it was not just a reflection???

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No booze, no drugs, no reflections, nothing but the orange/yellow lights in the middle of rear fender groups and the rear fender clearance lights flashing like they were activated by the security system. Other lights may have been also flashing, but these were the ones I could see. Turned the lights off on the Blazer for a minute and it stopped, turned the Blazer lights back on and it started again. Maybe the Blazer remote lock transmitter confused the GMC security system? At first I thought it was a nice feature for making sure someone parking behind you knew you were there?

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Was your transmitter in your pocket and maybe hitting a button while you were moving around??

·
Registered
68 Posts
The wife was inside hitting the remote to mess with you.

Jcast

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
During the blinking the remote was hanging on the key ring that was attached to the Blazer key in the steering column. Wife was busy doing girl things that must be done every time before we can go out. Just me, the dually and the Blazer involved in this event.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You went off your medication again, didn't you? :Insane:

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
:frankenst :angel: :secret:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I bet thats the intrusion detection feature I saw on the sticker of new trucks. I haven't really researched it yet but suspect it is something to do with bed space monitoring. Maybe lights hit the sensor (wherever it is) and it flashes lights.

Or maybe you NEED meds

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Maybe the dually was reminding you that you shouldn't be driving the gasser :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts