Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke one of my stock tie rods last weekend and I am looking for something better. So far I have narrowed it down to the Bleitskreig, Bulletproof Steering and Cognito.

My question is do you folks that have the rods with a bend in them have a hard time setting toe? Cognitos are straight and one of their selling points is the ability to set toe properly. Any thoughts?

Also, If you guys have any negative feedback on any of those that would also be much appreciated!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I had a set of Cognito's on my '02. They were awesome. No alignment issues what-so-ever. Also the pin they use to connect to the knuckle is tapered just like the factory, so there is no need to drill out the knuckle. good luck:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I use the Bulletproof. No problems with alignment or adjustments. Tough as you can get. They are used by many, many off-road racers. Just saw a set on the B.F. Goodrich sponsored desert racer.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I run the bullet proof kit. Yes the toe is more difficult to adjust because without removing either end you can only adjust a minimum of 1 revolution. So in order to fine tune the alignment, the tech has to remove one of the rod ends and turn it the correct amount.
Because of this my steering wheel is off **** a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a set of Cognito's on my '02. They were awesome. No alignment issues what-so-ever. Also the pin they use to connect to the knuckle is tapered just like the factory, so there is no need to drill out the knuckle. good luck:)
What lift are you running? I just spoke with Chad at Cognito and he wasn't sure if the tie rods would work with the fabtech 8" lift so im curious.

·
Registered
843 Posts
What lift are you running? I just spoke with Chad at Cognito and he wasn't sure if the tie rods would work with the fabtech 8" lift so im curious.
I actually had a Fabtech 8" lift on that truck and they worked just fine. Justin the owner of Cognito was the one who sold them to me. Talk to Justin:)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I actually had a Fabtech 8" lift on that truck and they worked just fine. Justin the owner of Cognito was the one who sold them to me. Talk to Justin:)
Justin just told me that he had to clearance the Heims to get that to work and that they had your truck there to check it out......I am going to go with the bent ones to compensate for what Cognito calls Fabs ****ed up steering angle. He also recommended that I just use the fab tie rods.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the bleitskreig tie rods and the cognito braces. I will post back once I get everything installed.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Justin just told me that he had to clearance the Heims to get that to work and that they had your truck there to check it out....
My truck was never there:eek: He sent them to me when I lived in Sacramento! I just told him what set up I had and he sent them. They worked fine. Anyway, I see you ordered some otherw:ro)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts