Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 GMC 3500 crew dually 6.5 5 speed 4x4
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So found out why I had a miss turns out the rocker arm tube for 2,4 snapped the bolts off and was not opening the valves at all found all the push rods non are bent but 2 lifters are blown apart, I’m guessing ether over reevd or someone used to much ether on it! Thoughts?

·
Administrator
16,702 Posts
View attachment 636315 View attachment 636316 So found out why I had a miss turns out the rocker arm tube for 2,4 snapped the bolts off and was not opening the valves at all found all the push rods non are bent but 2 lifters are blown apart, I’m guessing ether over reevd or someone used to much ether on it! Thoughts?
Pull the glow plugs. If they are broken, that would indicate ether use..

·
Registered
1996 GMC 3500 crew dually 6.5 5 speed 4x4
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah glow plugs were toast in the truck, also checked the lobes on the cam they seem to be intact no flat spots or aggressive wear from what I can see and touch with my long flat head. (Has a rubber insert on the tip!) so im gonna send it hopeing the cam didn’t take to much of a beating, the rollers on the lifters looked good, I got one of the bolts out hopeing the other will come out too if not do you think a heli coil would hold?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts