Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went down to look at the new truck, 06 LBZ in Stealth Gray, and the wheel flares are black not body colored. Went to GMC website and it says no body color flares on three colors but not Gray. My truck is SLT with all options but sunroof. Anybody know why the flares are black?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Just went down to look at the new truck, 06 LBZ in Stealth Gray, and the wheel flares are black not body colored. Went to GMC website and it says no body color flares on three colors but not Gray. My truck is SLT with all options but sunroof. Anybody know why the flares are black?
Was the truck you looked at a Work Truck (W/T)? That may make a difference.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it is my truck and it is a SLT.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Does the dealer have any other gray trucks with the body color flares?

I have body color flares on mine, an LT3 Chevy.

I would ask the dealer to replace the black flares with the painted flares.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to talk about it with him. I really didn't notice it right away. Actually it doesn't look bad at all on the stealth gray, just curious why. Thought maybe the factory decided to stop painting them to save money or use up parts. They made me a good deal on the truck, but they might paint the flares.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Only certain colors come with body color flares. That is part of what helped me pick white on my truck. I don't remember all the colors, but I know White, Polo Green, and 2 other colors (can't remember which) came with painted flares if optioned appropriately. The rest of the colors only came with the black textured flares regardless of trim line. I wasn't about to spend that much $$$ on a truck and have them give me black plastic flares. You can order paintable flares and have them painted, but that costs $$$. You could always have the dealer do it as part of the deal fora small amount more. Just depends on if they are willing to do that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
In the GMC sales brochure it indicates the Stealth Gray color comes with black flare's. The Steel Metallic Gray exterior color like we ordered comes with color coordinated metallic gray flares. Go figure.

Truck on!!!:cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should've checked brochure instead of website. Actually it looks really good. I will probably add black running boards and mudflaps. Should take delivery next week, after bed liner is sprayed in and bed cover is installed. Will post pictures then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts