Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering , Someof the post comments re: Black Smoke ?? Is This a good thing?? Or Is Something wrong If you are putting out Black smoke.??.
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Black smoke is unburned fuel. On a stock duramax you should not see black smoke. Now, one with a few upgrades, some black smoke is normal. With many upgrades the more black the better!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice to see, but in reality it's just potential horsepower escaping.
Tom

·
Registered
54 Posts
I get NO black smoke with my 95hp setting on the Power pup. I think it means its a good tune but I would like to see some every once in a while

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just wondering you say no black some on a stocker, my friend has a bone stock 01 and sometimes he gets a faint haze behind, is that normal?

Lenny

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
How many miles are on it. When I got mine at 66,000 it would put a bit out barely noticeable. You might see a little.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
the more black smoke you have the more nitrous you can run to "clean it up"

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Tomac- You got that right

·
Registered
946 Posts
Mine puffs nice at low rpm on setting 5, but once it spools, it is clean and gone! The blue streak has arrived. Dont blink, or you will be blown away.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Black smoke means accelerated maintance on engine fluids also ... Tends to leave soot on more then the rear quarter ...

Mac

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
yeah tell me about it!

·
Registered
414 Posts
It's amazing how fast the jap traps back off when they see the black smoke pouring out. They probably figure my truck is about to blow up. (They might be right :)

Tim

·
Registered
444 Posts
Black smoke is good for covering idiot drivers with as you pass them...

I just coated one yesterday. I followed him for 5 miles doing 30 mph on a 55 mph highway until I could pass him.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My stock truck would smoke a little at 60,000 miles.
Would smoke a lot if you took it easy for a while and then stepped on it.
Now with the juice on 3 it smokes a lot. Throws out big clouds like an old Mack truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts