Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had to go pick up granny this mornin and it was about -13 C i was stupid and did not plug it in last night. i plugged it in for about 1 hour before i left. it was still cold though. i was in a rush so i only gave it about 15 min to warm up. i had some black smoke while pullin out of the garage. i have never had black smoke before. i look for it everytime and never. is this just a result of a very cold start or should i begin to stress ?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
nelsongmanuel;1572602; said:
so i had to go pick up granny this mornin and it was about -13 C i was stupid and did not plug it in last night. i plugged it in for about 1 hour before i left. it was still cold though. i was in a rush so i only gave it about 15 min to warm up. i had some black smoke while pullin out of the garage. i have never had black smoke before. i look for it everytime and never. is this just a result of a very cold start or should i begin to stress ?

Fuel enrichment due to cold operations. Normal. Personally, I don't idle it. Just start and when it smooths out, I go. Do use additive to pervent gelling and raise the cetane.

jb

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tis' nothing to worry about since it stopped. Just try to keep the rev's around the 2000 rpm range until it warms up. 15 minutes is about 14 minutes more than I have ever allowed mine to set there without moving, unless it's below 0 degrees F, then I wait until it smoothes out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts