Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not really necesary but I really want to blow some smoke when I step on it. Any ideas on getting it to throw some good ol black smoke out?

I know it would prolly work to just take the cat off but is there a more legal way?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just so you know. Taking the cat off does not blow black smoke. Didn't want you to go thru all that work and have no smoke. Get EFILive, there are some tunes for smoke.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I lay a pretty heavy trail of black smoke with my Edge Hot juice on level 6. Enough to black out the road behind me in my rear view. People tend to back off when they can't see very well :)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Dioblo Sport Predator on 120 smokes good. Not enough to shut down a 4 lane highway, but enough to let the person beside you know you mean business.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm cool BUT i've heard so many transmission horror storys about too much powerfrom programmers. Are those exagerated or is there a good chance?

AND can i stack the edge hot juice thing with the A2 monitor??

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Disconnect the turbo boot!LOTS of black smoke!

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
i just totally drive like an old lady; and then when i want to have some fun... I
HAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMER IT and laaaaaaaaaaaauuuugghhhh. :)
It seems to work well for me, not enough as a programmer but it's a free thrill :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
POWER Freak;1576407; said:
take off my turbo boot??

will that F*** up my truck/performance
yes silly :p:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok guys i put my towing mirrors down so i could see m pipe when i excelerate and it does blow a little bit of black smoke (just a little puf lol) BUT i NEED more well i don't need it but i really want it. so far i've gotten these suggestions

1. programmer (i have one but it's only a hypertech)
2. take off my turbo boot (there's no way i'm doing that)

any others?

p.s. it's for the truck in my sig

·
Registered
406 Posts
66flh;1574929; said:
Disconnect the turbo boot!LOTS of black smoke!

:funnypost:funnypost:funnypost

·
Registered
445 Posts
As to the qestion on the Juice. The A2 was specifically built for it you just won't have the attitude. As to having one, I don't I have the ats mount on my juice w/attitude

·
Registered
442 Posts
Get rid of the Hypertech and get a PPE or a Bullydog if you want smoke.

·
Registered
445 Posts
PPE all the way

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
[email protected];1585759; said:
On which setting though? My friends PPE programmer is a POWERFUL unit but since he has a stock trans/ no fuel system mods he cant run the higher levels therefor not getting to smoke like he wants. I m just putting this out so the Gentleman above nows if you get a big programmer you'll need upgrades to enjoy it.:) BTW--- Like Alligator said, my Edge on Level 6 completely blacks out the road behind me!:D But i do need to get some lift pumps on cuz it runs out of fuel pretty quick.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the juice+attitude is better than the juice+A2 performance wise?

if I do that i can tell the old lady that i need it for the GPS :p: ha ha

·
Registered
561 Posts
i run my triple dog on extreme on a stock tranny...totally fine in 1-4...lug the engine in 5 and 6 and you get some good smoke with it... however tranny is gettin done in the summer and then it's time for something bigger...possibly crazy larry but PPE or EFI to get things done.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts