Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just thougth I would update folks on an idea that tuned out pretty good. I had the "4x4" graphics on my 2500 duplicated with black 3M Scotchlight to make a more subtle impact on my black truck. They are almost invisible in the daytime and light up at night.

Here's a picture at night with a flash and a picture in the daytime;

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
That's pretty cool!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very Cool !!
How much $$$$$$ ?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
cougar....... dont ever try to remove them....... its next to impossible unless you got a whole lot of patience. theres actually a metalic film in behind a smoke tint. all my trucks are lettered like that. what did you give? just curious.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BamaFan said:
Very Cool !!
How much $$$$$$ ?

Thanks!

I paid about $35 for the pair. The guy at the shop had the pattern and it is no big deal to make them. Installation was about 15 min including getting the extension cord and the light (I did it at night). I spent about 2-3 min per side heating with a hair dryer, then peeled them off slow while hitting it with the hot air.

Using a masking tape line, it's pretty easy to get them on straight. I also lowered them a tad to make them line up better with the flares. They make many different colors from black to white. I don't know how well it would turn out with others colors, but it's worth a look, eh?

Cougar GT-E

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
you got a pretty good deal the raw material isnt cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts