Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a buddy, I am not this crazed about my truck.

He is looking to purchase the black oil filter that came on his factory LBZ. I have read that is a factory mass produced filter and the ac delco is blue. Does anyone have the part numbers off the filter?

He claimed that there was a mitsubishi part number on the one he removed and threw away. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm not sure but, I think both filters are the same inside. The factory filter is black so that when you come in at 28,000 miles and say you have kept up with changes and can't understand why the engine sounds like its crushing walnuts and the dealer finds the black filter still installed- oh well. Not that anybody here would run one that long, I just saw it a lot when I worked for a dealer. Tell him to look here for filter info.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html

I don't know how old the study is but, it has some good information.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Ebay I found them there sold by the case around 90 bucks

·
Registered
353 Posts
s-moe;1603341;1603341 said:

He is looking to purchase the black oil filter that came on his factory LBZ. I have read that is a factory mass produced filter and the ac delco is blue. Does anyone have the part numbers off the filter?

He claimed that there was a mitsubishi part number on the one he removed and threw away. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
Oil filter is part #97214983T. About $7.50 each when buying 12. Fuel filter part # 98017645 is $25 when buying 3.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine came with a white filter.

And the Wix I just bought from my autoparts store is White too.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to color.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
SD-455;1604121; said:
Oil filter is part #97214983T. About $7.50 each when buying 12. Fuel filter part # 98017645 is $25 when buying 3.
# 97214983 is the GM number for the oil filters for the DMAX.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If your buddy is worried about the color not quality id get the cheapest filter you can find and paint it black :idiot:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
My GM parts guy said it was an Isuzu part number on the factory filter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Chris U;1604721; said:
Mine came with a white filter.

And the Wix I just bought from my autoparts store is White too.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to color.
I understand what he means. The filter that came with the truck from the factory (whatever color it may be), mine was black, felt a LOT more substantial/heavy duty than any other filter I have ever picked up. It had some serious weight to it. Weather this makes it better or not...don't know but I wanted to get the same one too. In the end I needed to get the oil changed and went with a NAPA Gold and have been very happy with it. I do have the old filter still out in the shed, I will look at the part # and post it. The engine is made by Izuzu so that may have something to do with it, don't know about the Mitsubishi thing. One thing I did notice was that the new filter didn't have the same # holes in the perimeter around the center hole.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Mobil-1 is black #is m1-303.

·
Registered
38 Posts
s-moe;1603341; said:

He is looking to purchase the black oil filter that came on his factory LBZ.
My 17yr old daughters friend told me yesterday that she bought a new car, the one she has always wanted. I ask her what it is and she says "blue"
:eek:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here it is. I don't see where he got the idea it was a mitsubishi #, but this is it. Even when I went to the shed to get it, picking it up it just weighed a lot more then I was expecting. If I can, I will find this exact filter (don't really care what color it is) for the next time I change the oil. You can't see it in this pic. but it does say made in the USA.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.