Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Does our trucks have this black box recorder now.. Your truck can put you in jail if it does

Sensing Diagnostic Modules, or SDMs) exist, or have any idea that the devices are keeping track of their driving behavior.

Cnn had a report that the black box had data that this driver was going 90 and hit some one.. The court got a order to read this black box and the rest was hell

From steve
FleetEdited by: smartfix

·
Registered
408 Posts
yes all GM have them they are wired into the air bags , if they deployed a snap shot is taken of certain sensors. scary is't it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello all

So now your truck becomes the local judge.. This is unreal

So now it can press charges in a court of Law

From steve

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yeah they have them word is that in texas they include in cab voice recorders. most of the time all they get out of them is "hey hold my beer and watch this"

Actually they do exist and can be used against you in court or in the service bay. if your motor blows they can tell you were in third gear in the middle of a full throttle run after doing a burner. really sucks

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
chevmeister said:
Yeah they have them word is that in texas they include in cab voice recorders. most of the time all they get out of them is "hey hold my beer and watch this"

Actually they do exist and can be used against you in court or in the service bay. if your motor blows they can tell you were in third gear in the middle of a full throttle run after doing a burner. really sucks

Isn't that spying or an invasion of privacy,

Where is Johnny Cochran when ya need him ???

T
NY

·
Registered
45 Posts
My previous truck, 2002 Sierra Denali had the last 15 (I think) days history in the DIC. You could see max speed, miles, etc. I figure that is just a nibble of the data it's actually recording.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
NOT ONLY CAN THEY TELL SPEED, BUT DIRECTION OF TRAVEL, ATITUDE OF VEHICLE(RIGHT SIDE UP, ON ROOF , ON SIDE, HOW MANY TIMES IT ROLLED) AND WITH SENSORS IN THE SEAT CAN TELL HOW MANY OCCUPANTS WERE IN THE VEHICLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE USING SEATBELTS. THIS TECHNOLOGY HAS ALREADY BEEN TESTED IN PD CARS IN TEXAS AND FORD IS ALREADY PLACING THE EQUIPMENT IN '04 MODEL VEHICLES. FOR A SMALL FEE, THE SYSTEM CAN BE MONITORED MUCH LIKE ONSTAR. TECHNOLOGY, AINT IT GREAT!Edited by: FILO

·
Registered
130 Posts
So how long is it until GM is in charge of sending you the speeding ticket?

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's a clear case of the law makers running out of things to do. Maybe we don't need as many? Businesses downsize all the time to eliminate old, useless jobs... What a unique concept
Edited by: JohnnyO

·
Registered
626 Posts
The next thing you know the pressure sensors in the seat will know when you fart and tell you when you are getting a little over weight.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hello all

If this black box can record this kind of info.. What happens when you race at the track ..Now GM can pull from the unit your top speed and use this to voild more stuff

From steve

GM is

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wonder if there is a way to disconnect this thing?

·
Registered
747 Posts
tophog said:
Cool, wonder if it keeps track of how many times you fart?

If it does, my counter has already rolled back to 0 a couple of times!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I read an artical in the news that it has been used in court, and that GM installed these devices to only improve the saftey of the air bag. Also from what I gathered from the artical, it was used in an fatal accident. From my point of view, we can thank all of the Lawmakers, and Lawers for being our Big Brothers.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Eh, anyone thinking of installing a Durmax/Allison in a '75 Chevy/GMC yet?

·
Registered
263 Posts
A case is going to be heard right here in Scottsdale AZ. And they are going to use the data they extracted from someones GM Truck Edited by: easymon4u

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Well I think this is one we can blame the Lawyers for. The technology in question was developed to protect GM in liability lawsuits. It takes the before mentioned "snap shot" of certain vehicle parameters in order to prove that the safety features worked as advertised, and document the vehicle's operation at the time.

Any other uses can be blamed on the "Gubment!"

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Well I have several ways to solve this B.S.

1. Put an 8 guage magnum shell inside of a pipe and cap it. Remove the primer and put a rocket igniter in the hole. Tie it into the airbags. Point the whole thing at the computer. Lets see the court read that.

Tie a stun gun into the airbags and place it into the computer. The voltage will wipe out the chips.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts