Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today a wet area around the bottom of the black box on the drivers side of the trans. There is another black box on the other side and it is dry. Anyone know what is in this box, and why it might be alittle wet at the bottom? Also I noticed a little spot that was damp right at the very front of the tranny. Truck only has 4,000 miles on it. Thanks

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Are you talking about the PTO covers (black steel plates with six bolts in them)? They are provisions for a power take-off to power a hydraulic pump, generator, etc. But on our trucks they do nothing because the internal gear to drive the PTO isn't included.
The one on the right side of mine is leaking also. Simple fix from what I've been told here, I've just been lazy and haven't gotten the new gasket yet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got to looking closer tonight and found the leak coming from the front is oil, there is an allen screw up above the oil pan on the drivers side between the oil pan and tranny, that is were the oil is coming from. It is not dripping, it has just got a little area damp looking. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts