Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember the owner's manual for the LLY say you can use up to 5% biodiesel. Has anyone run more than that. It seems like most places that sell it start at 10% and go up from there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've been doing 100% for 6 months

·
Registered
700 Posts
I seem to remember the owner's manual for the LLY say you can use up to 5% biodiesel. Has anyone run more than that. It seems like most places that sell it start at 10% and go up from there.
Most of the retailers in Ohio sell B2 or B5. I got lucky because a retailer in my home town sells B20, which I have been running in my truck for about two months.

-Wardster

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I ran 100% for about 3 months this fall when #2 was higher than offroad bio. Ran fine, no problems, no stink.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm running B50 for the winter. Home brew "Freedom Fuel", washed, dried, and filtered. Works well, and doesn't stink. Of course, no telling what the long term effects might be. I've added dual filtration. The truck has only about 4500 miles. I got 18.5 on the highway last week at 60-65. Only 120 mile check. Not bad...

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Kidding!!

I just joined this forum to begin asking if 100%BD would work in the new 2006 Chevy 2500HD's. I am going to start making my own here in the next few months and this is very encouraging news.

Have any of ya'll had to make any modifications to the engines? I am new to diesel's (never owned one) so apologies if my questions are a bit rudimentary.

FL Native

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Ya....you can run a hotter chip b/c of the major smoke cut when running BD.

·
Registered
410 Posts
They sell b85 at my work is that good?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts