Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
B20 almost all the time. I added a second filter on the frame to help with any paticles in the diesel from the delivery trucks, tanks, or my tank. Bio is a cleaner, so it seems to use up my filters about 1K faster. I change the primary 2 micron every 10K and the factory every 20K...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I thought I read that it could void your warranty if you used anything more than B5. Is that not true?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Is their anyone out there how has used a Davco 232 or 233 primary. That's what I'm planning on doing in the spring. Question I have is their any power or mileage loss with Bio the benefits of 2 to 5% I understand, not that their is anyplace to buy it around here! PLAY SAFE!

·
Registered
815 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Huh? :think:
The Soy Bio Diesel acts as a detergent. For whatever reason, using B20 fill the filter material up about 1,000 to 2,000 miles faster than the normal deisel station I use. I buy my fuels in mass quantiy, so this is pretty easy to track.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've read and heard that as well. Bio diesel basically cleans out all of the crud out of your fuel system.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I've read and heard that as well. Bio diesel basically cleans out all of the crud out of your fuel system.
Not only your fuel system, but out of the tankers that carry it, the fuel station tanks, and the pumps.... Sometimes, its bad.....:eek: Thats why the second fuel filter is so nice!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run b-20 have not had a problem so far in the cold climate. I will say the new motor will not regenerate as much and when it does, its not as overpowering of a smell. But that smell is going to go away for good anyways:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is their anyone out there how has used a Davco 232 or 233 primary. That's what I'm planning on doing in the spring. Question I have is their any power or mileage loss with Bio the benefits of 2 to 5% I understand, not that their is anyplace to buy it around here! PLAY SAFE!
I use a davco on my last two freightliners. They are very good filters and the nice thing is that you can see if you need to change the element. Also the stud that the element slides on to is threaded so if you need to you can put a spin on filter. Another thing you can do is plumb the coolant through the bottom of it to keep it from plugging up in the winter.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a LMM and it has had the filter replaced twice in the last 600 miles. The dealer is saying that the bio has built up a waxy substance in the tank and is hard to get rid of..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts