Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Purchase of Biodiesel qualifies the user for the federal tax credit of $1.00 per gallon on Agribiodiesel or $.51 pergallon on WVOdiesel.....? Or is this a credit for PRODUCERS of the fuel only?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I beleive it is for blenders and producers to make it more affordable to the consumer. IE me and you!!!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I beleive it is for blenders and producers to make it more affordable to the consumer. IE me and you!!!
Think you are right about that, it would be nice though to get a tax credit;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn... I was hoping that this was a tax credit from the feds to help promote the use of clean fuels by end users. I was ready to invest in an Aux tank and make the trip for Bio to splash blend when I filled up. Would have offset my cost in about 6 months. At $3.xx per gallon it's just not worth it.
Maybe I need that Aux tank anyways though...... Sure would be nice to carry 90 gallons for road trips.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
At this point, it seems like many 'middle men' are taking advantage of this, because they can collect it.

I found this out because I was calling BD salesmen before and after thetax breaks, and there was definetly some funny business going on in the pricing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
tax break

I was just doing my tax return for the state of colorado and saw something on incentives for alternitive fuel vehicles, does anyone know if this includes or will ever include bio diesel?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I was just doing my tax return for the state of colorado and saw something on incentives for alternitive fuel vehicles, does anyone know if this includes or will ever include bio diesel?
It might in Colorado, but not in Alabama :mad: .

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The VEETC (Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit) is only applied to biodiesel producers under the amendments to tge JOBS Bill in 2004. And, the VEETC will end in 2010.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts