Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am running b20 and I would like to know what additives you would recommend. I see from searching here that I do not need to worry so much about the lubricity but I do need to worry about GELLING & CERITNIE (SP)

I was thinking on using howes but not sure.

thanks joe

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Run the Racor or the Power Service (white bottle). Both mix well and help. These are the only ones I have experimented with. I'm quite sure others will work good as well.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
I have run Howes and Power Service. I prefer the Power Service (white bottle) over the Howes at this time because it has Cetane where the Howes does not. Just my $.02 worth.

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Have run B20 with and without all of them and never noticed a differance.

Tony

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I had the fortune to try it out at -2 deg one morning using the Power Service. It was fine. Put a little in a mason jar with a little Power Service, and put some in another jar with out. Then put them in the freezer and check ever 1/2 hr with a thermometer. See what happens and what the gelling point is.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to look up the power service stuff. I am not having any problems anf just curious to see. It is not cold enough yet here in pa to cause any problems but I do want to be prepered once I go up to ny to go sledding.

thanks joe

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Walmart has it along with alot of other good auto parts stores and such.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
i use power service in my truck haven't had any problems even with it getting in the lower 20 last night

·
Registered
590 Posts
I run B 11 my Fuel Supplier Says its good till -20 but i Use Stanadyne or Power Service every other tank never had a problem and i been in 9-15 degree weather so far

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.