Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i cant remember when i installed the bilsten shocks but i have 65714 on it knw and i had it up on the hoist and both front lower shock bushings are worn out i can see 1/8inch of light and the shock slid over and now rubbing on the mount anyone else have this problem and is that something bilsten will warranty?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The Bilsteins don't fit as well as the stock in the upper mount. I found that by making the bolt very tight that it won't move. Try getting new bushings and lock nuts. I have only about 1/2" or less space between the bushing and mount.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So the Bilsteins don't fit properly? I'd hate to spend all this money on shocks and then not have them fit properly. So what other options do I have for a stock 2500??

edinning;1574461; said:
The Bilsteins don't fit as well as the stock in the upper mount. I found that by making the bolt very tight that it won't move. Try getting new bushings and lock nuts. I have only about 1/2" or less space between the bushing and mount.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ranchos work well also, I am always torn between the two. I like the 9000 for the front, it really tames the front end on the higher settings and has poly bushings.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
banshee42096;1574427; said:
okay i cant remember when i installed the bilsten shocks but i have 65714 on it knw and i had it up on the hoist and both front lower shock bushings are worn out i can see 1/8inch of light and the shock slid over and now rubbing on the mount anyone else have this problem and is that something bilsten will warranty?
Call up who ever you bought the shocks from and tell them your problem and they just very well replace them for you under the warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts