Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got off the phone with bilstein and now they are saying at the
very least march-april release date on shocks.now come on what is
that hard to assemblie a shock to take that long to make.i can just imagine the money they are losing to customers buying other brands
because they cant get bilsteins.now thats very bad managment if
you ask me. but im just one of those sorry customers that are waiting
for the shocks to come.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I cancelled my order with ORU for that reason. I'll be purchasing another brand.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Man that sucks:rant: ...I been waiting since (read my sig) I have had good luck with other shocks..but the way I hear it the Bilstiens are superior...i waited till i had nearly 75k before i ordered....I got 85k now-:t

·
Registered
298 Posts
They are superior. Trust me. They are one of the few High Pressure Gas shocks out there available. Any oil shock just doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
are they back ordered for lifted applications aswell? or just stock

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
far as she told me it was the stock shocks that were back ordered.
its a shame you give in to spend the money and you cant even get
them.
it will be approx 6 months that i have been waiting for them if they
come out in april.thats just not aceptable but besides buying a differant
brand they got ya by the balls. im one of the sorry saps they will probaly
wait.

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
I have a LOT of them on back order and have been waiting since October.

There is a possibility that we'll have some in a couple weeks. Filling orders in the order received when they come in...

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
The ORU kit says the Bilsteins are 5100 series. That must be a different shock than the ones nobody can get. I'm thinking about ordering the ORU kit #60007-B2 that is a pair of keys and 5100 Bilsteins. Any comments? Anybody have a link to the install proceedure? Specifically how to reset the T bar adjusters...

Thanks,
Mike

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
I'm told that I will have the correct OEM replacement units in about 2 weeks...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm told that I will have the correct OEM replacement units in about 2 weeks...
Kennedy....can u tell me where 'm at on the list? I want to get my hopes up!):h

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any word yet on the Bilsteins??? I'd really like to get some on order, but I don't want to wait too long....just had my front-end aligned and at 54000 the shocks are probably shot...

·
Registered
59 Posts
What Bilstein part number would I need for the 2 inch extended to go with the Green Keys. If I understand the numerous comments on here correctly once you install green keys your stock shocks come up aprox 2 inches short. If I can find the part number i may have a source that I have not heard mentioned on here yet.
Thanks
:chevy:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Still Waiting.......................................now i have a wheel hub issue.....................:help: :rant:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Monroe makes a MONO tube shock as a direct replacement for the Bilsteins. Should be available at many local parts stores.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks, but i have owned monroes before. I liked them too but i want to see what all the fuss is about with the bilstiens. My shocks are so worn now factory takeoffs would make my ride feel like a caddy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had the longer bilstein shocks ordered from ORU for about 2 months, just got an email on Monday that they were shipped and will be arriving on Fri. It is my understanding that the shocks from ORU are built specifically for them and no other vendor can get them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts