Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which model do i purchase to upgrade my oem shocks??? i am just looking for a better ride...and are there any posts on the "how to" for installation??

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm not sure on the number. Talk to Nick or Jeff at Nor-Cal truck.

But installation is pretty self explanatory. Just remove the wheels and you will see the upper and lower bolts. Its easier to get them in/out if you can lift the vehicle and let the suspension drop. The rears are even easier.

·
Registered
729 Posts
why not just order the bilsteins that fit your year and model of truck. This is what I did and like the shocks very much.
chevman:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any comments on the install of new shocks front and back??

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I went with the yellow 6081 Front/6082 Rear. Easy to install and just like oem's. No harsh ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
any comments on the install of new shocks front and back??
I have a 2002, but at less than 20K miles I had 2 leaking stock shocks... put bilsteins on 5 years & 60K miles ago and haven't looked back. Very easy install, no need to remove wheels or anything, I did it in the driveway with a socket set and open end wrench.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Bilstien shocks are the best investment you can make for the ride of your truck and the hardest one to justify sometimes. The newer the truck, the harder it may be to convince yourself to replace, but trust me, its worth every dime.

Competetive pricing available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.