Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing the replacement Bilsteins for my 2005 2500HD here shortly... I am trying to decide if I am going to need spacers on the front, as I have lifted the front with a few cranks on the torsion bars... about 1.5" or so... Is there any way for me to check if I need the spacers or not?

Thanks

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I doubt you will, but if you measure the distance between the tire (or wheel center) and the fender lip with the vehicle both on and off the ground you will see how much extension travel you have available.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Kennedy...

Now that I can measure, how much extension travel should I have... or I guess I should say, what does the truck have at a stock setting and should I try to match that with spacers, if needed...

Thanks

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I guess I'm just trying to say you'll be surprised at how much you have. Probably more than you'll ever need.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I turned my torsions up enough to get the truck level,and i put 2 inch longer shocks on to make up for the up travel.Seems to work out great,and the ride is awesome.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I turned my torsions up enough to get the truck level,and i put 2 inch longer shocks on to make up for the up travel.Seems to work out great,and the ride is awesome.
What application of shock did you use, I never could get an answer for that. Was always told a Ford shock would work but wasn't sure. If you could get me a part number too I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts