Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received front Bilsteins shocks (BE5-6081-H0) and the stems are not as long as the OEM's. I can't put the nut on after the bushings. Is this the right part number for an '03 2500 D/A 4X4?

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I decided to try one Bilstein one and I found I had plenty of room left. I used the OEM bushings and insert with the new shocks. I'm glad my wife helped me slip a screw driver in the bolt hole to keep the shock in place. That was the only though part. Photo of install.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just put my Bilstiens on last night, same part numbers. Didn't reuse the factory rubber and had no problem. Rides like truck again...

·
Registered
772 Posts
When I bought my Bilsteins Pickuptruck.com didn't even have a part number listed for an '03 truck so I ordered using the '02 numbers (same as yours) and they went on without a hitch using the supplied bushings. Dont worry, you'll be fine.
TC

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
So whats the anwser to the question...because I have the same question. Do you use the old spacer on the front or do you just put the bilsteins in and not worry about the larger hole and the small space?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I didn't use the old bushings, but kept them in case it became an issue. I found the old bushing were getting eaten up by the spacer, and I didn't want it to happen with the new ones too.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
All bilsteined up...running smooth!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, everyone!

I just received my new Bilsteins today and was wondering how easy (or hard) they are to put on? Any tips that you can pass on (front replacements/rear replacements) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts