Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a novice at this, I have a fundamantal question. I have a 06 GMC LBZ Dually that I do not plan to use for towing. My question is, for a dually running empty or close to empty, staying on paved roads, what benefits would I see in the ride by installing Blisteins? The stock ride feels pretty good, but then I am coming out of a 89 K Blazer 4x4, which will knock your teeth out. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
You're going to see a significant improvement in body roll, turning stability, bump recovery, tire contact and rebound. The factory shocks are JUNK. This is the second GM diesel that I've owned (99 6.5TD Tahoe before the Max) and I've put Bilsteins on both and it's a day/night comparison in ride and stability.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You're going to see a significant improvement in body roll, turning stability, bump recovery, tire contact and rebound. The factory shocks are JUNK. This is the second GM diesel that I've owned (99 6.5TD Tahoe before the Max) and I've put Bilsteins on both and it's a day/night comparison in ride and stability.
exactly! The overall ride and comfort with Bilsteins is night and day difference. I swapped out my factory shocks at <5K miles and am glad I did it.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I just swapped the rears when I instaled my Caltracs and the OEM shocks were toast (which I had a suspicion of). Fronts are on their way this week. I have 36K on the truck.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Just FYI, we finally have them in stock!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Go with Bilsteins (got them from Kennedy :D ); I swapped mine out at less than 5k miles. You'll be amazed what a difference they make to your ride quality!!
Cheers,
AussieDMAX

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Just for added measure, I changed mine out at 1k miles and they were junk!!! You will NOT regret it.....period. :grd:

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Not in my opinion.

Measure the ride height static. Then jack until the wheels just start to lift. That is how much extension travel you have. If you need more, add about a 1/2" to 5/8" spacer (use the boot collar as an example) and you will have all that you need.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
My front shocks showed up yesterday. Now to see if my front improves as much as my rear:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts