Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Dont Shot Me But I Have A Question About Bilstein Shocks Is This The Right Part # For Front Shocks Bes-6081-ho I Have A 2001 2500hd

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Stock to 2" lift yes. I have these shocks listed by application on my site so you do not need to worry about part numbers.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Stock to 2" lift yes. I have these shocks listed by application on my site so you do not need to worry about part numbers.
John, I'm waiting for my Bilstein order that is enroute. I have a question. After cranking up the T-bars about 1 to 1 1/2 inches, should I put some spacers in on the fronts?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
john if i understand you they will work on a stock truc, with the bars cranked. should i also use spacers?

·
Registered
701 Posts
John, I'm waiting for my Bilstein order that is enroute. I have a question. After cranking up the T-bars about 1 to 1 1/2 inches, should I put some spacers in on the fronts?
It definately wouldn't hurt. I have my bars cranked about 1.5" and added 3/4" of washers to the top of my bilsteins. What a nice ride compared to stock.

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
ok, i priced out the bilsteins online and found they were around 250 for 4. i went to the local 4x4 shop and they have lifetime warrentied bilsteins for 550. i guess you can get a new shock anytime for any malfunction including normal wear and tear. what do you guys think? is it worth it. i plan driveing the truck for a long time, and lifting the truck down the road. i could always sell the shocks....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
ok, i priced out the bilsteins online and found they were around 250 for 4. i went to the local 4x4 shop and they have lifetime warrentied bilsteins for 550. i guess you can get a new shock anytime for any malfunction including normal wear and tear. what do you guys think? is it worth it. i plan driveing the truck for a long time, and lifting the truck down the road. i could always sell the shocks....

Your paying for 8 shocks when you only need 4 ......does that sound like a good deal to you?:cool:

DEWFPO

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
may be paying more off the bat but down the road it will pay for itself when i send them in for new ones

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
best deal

where is the cheapest place to buy bilsteins? allshocks.com & Summit have them for 271.80... is there a better deal????? what series do you all run? 5100?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts