Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a 4" lift on my dually and wanted Bilstein 5125's but they are on backorder for a lifted truck. I have the fronts but no rears. How about Fox or Kings? I know nothing about either of these shocks. Would they ride beter/worse, softer/harsher than the Bilsteins?

I am installing 19.5" wheels/tires soon and also the lift. I will be towing with this truck as well, a 15k 5th wheel. The reason for the lift is to get it level without a load. The Cognito system I have now doesnt get it level.

I want something that will ride decent but tow well too.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm running a set of Kings and love them but they were a lot of $$ and they're really more for offraod racing and kind of a waste on a street/tow truck. I run pretty hard when I go offroad so it was worth it to me. The Foxes are similar to the Kings. Again a lot of money for a small gain in street performance.

When I was towing more I ran a set of Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks in the rear. I would stiffen them up when towing and run them on the second softest setting when empty and they did pretty well. I've also run the Bilsteins and say I didn't see much difference in ride vs the Rancho's. If you got the money the Kings or Foxes are great just make sure to research what vavling you want to run with your set-up (I'd call King or Fox directly) or just run the Rancho's, much cheaper and you can play with the settings to get the ride you want.

Just my $.02,

Chris

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have the Ranch adjustable on the rear of my Jeep. I don't tow much with it, but they are great shocks. When its loaded down with gear I turn them a bit stiffer. When I am wheeling or empty around town I turn them down and they ride better than any others I have had. Some buddies of mine have them on their trucks and love them. I would think you can't go wrong for the price.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
not too sure on the trucks, but some friends of mine run the fox on their quads and sandrails. they have nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Take a look at the ProComp MX6 with the reservoirs. I just put a set of them on the front in the factory locations and they ride great. David

·
Registered
190 Posts
King and Fox are completely overkill for the street.

If you are seriously into it, King's are where it's at.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
ProComp MX6 is an awesome shock. I would consider looking into those and compare them to King and Fox. I think you will be surprised.. good luck..

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
but king and fox look the best and i run kings on my truck

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have the Bilstein 7100s with reservoirs on my truck and love them.....huge improvment over the pro-comp es3000s I had. Before I lifted it I ran the pro-comp MX6 non reservoirs and those were a great shock too....perfect with my t-bar crank in the front end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts