Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my factory grill on my 01 3500 cc/drw. I was looking at the billet replacements. Here's my question, is the 3500 considered an HD? Several of the companies I called said it is and that they do not have a billet grill for it. Has anyone installed a billet insert vs a billet replacement grill? Any suggestions on brands?

Thanks, Marc

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
They do make grills for it just tell them its a 2500 hd same front end. The 3500hd in 2001 was the old c/k style.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I've been waiting for Goodmark Industries to get back to me in refferance to a complete billet replacement ... If you hear anything lemme know ..

Mac

·
Registered
611 Posts
turbodiesel03,

What truck do you have? GMC or CHEVY

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Was going to install a Billet grill, was going to ask "who had the best one out" when I did a search, This came up! anybody else have any issues with the billet grill making the truck run hot? I have to admit I thought about this, when I was looking at them, especially at idle seems like that might be an issue?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
No problem with over heating yet, but it's not hot out yet either. Have to ask around August when it's over 100 here.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Ok, it 110 out here in Smoggy So Cal, anybody have a answer to, the Billet making your engine run Hot?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Anyone out there looking for a bolt over billet grille to fit 2001-2002 chevy 2500HD and 2500HD. It is made by Carriage Works. It is brand new and still in box. Check it out at www.carriageworksinc.com. It is worth a hundered but make me an offer.

Mark

·
Registered
303 Posts
That will fit the Chevy 2500HD and 3500HD. Sorry for the typo.

Mark

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
turbodiesel03 said:
THEY RUN YOUR TRUCK HOT IN THE SUMMER.....ENOUGH SAID

So far so good on the temperature. 94 today towing the boat (light load 4500#) at 70 plus some stop and go in town, temp never made it above one tic below 210. Tranny about 175. I don't think this grill with this load is going to make it over heat, but will let you know what it does when it's over 100.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts