Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering who has one on their medium duty. I know its included with the MTE done up trucks. Is it an overlay, or do you hack out the grille lattice and insert the grille. I know Carriage Works has one for the Chevy/GMC but its an overlay over the original grille. Anyone with a MTE truck able to tell me which one they have, And how the GMC or Chevy symbol is mounted over the grille insert.
Im really looking to make my truck stand out a bit more, And I have always loved the look of billet grilles.
My second question is whom makes an under the lug simulator kit that is high quality, and wont make noise etc. Id prefer a kit with openings for the locking hubs, rather than having to pop covers off to lock the hubs

Thanks In advance, I should have ordered the Alcoas
Bill

·
Registered
684 Posts
I run phoenix sims on my truck and love them 3 yrs now and they still look perfect. I think you can find them with the cut outs for the hubs I bought mine from "HERE" as I buy ALLOT of stuff from there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
alcoa

TheChevyHDMan;1631277; said:
I was just wondering who has one on their medium duty. I know its included with the MTE done up trucks. Is it an overlay, or do you hack out the grille lattice and insert the grille. I know Carriage Works has one for the Chevy/GMC but its an overlay over the original grille. Anyone with a MTE truck able to tell me which one they have, And how the GMC or Chevy symbol is mounted over the grille insert.
Im really looking to make my truck stand out a bit more, And I have always loved the look of billet grilles.
My second question is whom makes an under the lug simulator kit that is high quality, and wont make noise etc. Id prefer a kit with openings for the locking hubs, rather than having to pop covers off to lock the hubs

Thanks In advance, I should have ordered the Alcoas
Bill

i am thinking of getting rid of my alcoa rims are you interested?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had a buddy design a billet grille for my 03, We used a 1/2" Plate of aluminum put a slight curve on it and cut the pattern with a waterjet machine. It turned out great. We powdercoated between the finns and on the backside including brackets that were welded on.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
427 Posts
Davedan let's see some pics of your grill, sounds interesting. I have a Putco grill that MTE uses brand new for sale if anyone is interested. I bought it before the front end change; it's never been out of the wrapping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.