Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question to see if any of you have one of these on your truck. I am thinking about getting one, but have not been able to get any good pics of one actually on a GMC CC. I have the carbon metallic color and think it would look good, but don't want to spend the $100+ just to find out it looks like sh!t. Any pics or suggestions out there?

HD

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
You mean like this? Go to the pics in my sig and you can zoom in on it if you like. Mine is a Westin #WEN11-0020. I've had it for over a year and am still happy with it.

Edited by: Trippin

·
Registered
570 Posts
Trippin,

Is yours clear coated, anodized silver, or do you have to polish it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trippin,

Nice! Price? Is that the brushed aluminum or polished? It is hard to tell in the pics. It looks like the brushed when comparing it to your nerfs (sweet nerfs, btw).

HD

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
It's brushed. They didn't have polished when I bought it.
Polished and clear powder coated would be ideal I think. This one has been zero maintenance though.

$128.00

I bought one of the first to be released 1/02/2003. So there really weren't any deals. But that's me...Mr. Instant Gratification.

www.ustaw.com

Hope this helps!Edited by: Trippin

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Well, I won the bugger for $86. Somebody wanted it bad - drove the price up from $38 to $86 in the last couple hours with 15 bids!
Think it'll look pretty sharp with my "very rare" light pewter metallic paint job!

·
Registered
362 Posts
He just guessed wrong at $85! Hate when you have a deal going then someone runs it up at the last minute.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Post a pic when you install it, I'd like to see how it looks on a pewter truck, I'm guessing it will suit that color great.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Wow! started that one at $49.99! Maybe my buy won't be so bad after all!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Idle it had a buy it now for $59! Now its gone. They are still new for about $100 so you didn't do to bad.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Well, my door finally arrived yesterday afternoon and I mounted it up this morning:

Too bad I don't have enough glass on the cap to mount something similar for the aux tank!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I finally got it. Not totally sold on it yet, though. It looks good at an angle, but straight on I'm not sure if it's the look I was going for. Any opinions?

And one more.......

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Looks good! But I may be biased. If your unsure now, wait until someone stops you and asks where you got it. Then your done. I average about 1 question like that a month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts