Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the big tires on (H2's), and the predator is in the mail. As I understand it. I can use the predator to correct the speedo, but I need a tech II to adjust the ABS. IF (note the big IF) I can find someone with a tech II, other than the dealer, that will flash for the ABS, which should I do first? The tech II or the Predator? Does it make a difference or will they wipe-out each other?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I dont think you can adjust the abs for bigger tires. I havent heard of any problems with guys runnin H2's. Just adjust the speedo with the predator and dont worry about it.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
You can correct the ABS for tires upto 35" in Dia. It doesn't matter which one you do first as one has no affect on the other since they are store in different computers.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
35"? that's good news, last I read 31" was the highest they could go. More good news, 2 different computers.

Thanks

Don't anyone tell Microsoft that there are computers in cars nowdays. Before you know it, you'll be driving down the road, your car will start to act strange and you'll have to pullover to the side of the road, turn it off and restart it...ooops...too late.

Remember when fiction use to turn into reality, not bad jokes...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
And we will have to start running virus protection!!!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'll stay with my Duramax 1.0. I've run most of the patch's and it seams to be very stable so far...

Rollin' Thunder

Did you feel the "Rollin' Thunder" this morning? I'm about 90 miles south of the center, WOW what a ride.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Diesel Tech said:
You can correct the ABS for tires upto 35" in Dia. It doesn't matter which one you do first as one has no affect on the other since they are store in different computers.

Diesel Tech, I also read you can adjust the ABS for big tires....I went to my local dealer to change my ABS for the 265s. After trying they were unable to make the changes and I was told they could not do it. Note: These are the same guys who did not know about the high idle either! I am not going to take there answer since you just said the ABS can be changed. Any info I can pass along to the dealer would be great...any codes...any key phrases...anything to give them the info and tools necessary to do the job they should aleady know how to do!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
NoWake200

If your in southern Calif. give us a call and we will see what we can do for you. The procedure to use the Tech II is not all that straight forward but it can be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts