Diesel Place banner

Big time problems with my truck...!! Please Help...

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  duramaxdavid 
I can throw this in:::::I have an 05 2500 4x4, edge w/att. Banks 4" exhaust. Initially I went with the settings on the edge, level 5 as set by the installer, at first no problems...just heavy smoke. About 1500 miles later the low boost code tripped. I started doing research on this site and discovered on California purchased trucks the EGR valve is alot more sensitive. I pulled the valve, cleaned it thoroughly and re-installed. Reset the computer...life is good for about 5 miles and again low boost code. again more research....I have dicovered running the edge on level 5 trans most responsive lets the motor defuel, or whatever it's doing, to much and it clogs the EGR. Pulled the EGR and replaced with a new NAPA bought piece, left the level on 3 and again I am a happy camper...Even Towing my 24' Toy hauler all over the west coast. Appox 22,00 miles worth. Again this is just my findings and perhaps "food for thought". oh by the way, I keep the first level in "tow" mode when pulling and level 1 for day to day driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.