Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may already know I recently bought Goldsbrug's truck. Man it is SWEET! Goldsburg is a great guy to work with and he took immaculate care of this rig. He also provided me with a whole plethora of information to go along with the truck.

Here is a pic of my ole gasser(maroon) and the 6.5TD(gold/black)

Thanks again Goldsburg

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Its nice to see that most members we meet online here are good for what they say and don't just fill you full of BS. Congrats on your new purchase!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
CG828 -

You're :welcome: !!!

As I mentioned when you picked it up: If you ever have a specific question about the truck (something that the Throbbing Brain here at DieselPlace wouldn't know), just drop me a line!

Regards,

·
Registered
306 Posts
Goldsburg,
Keep an eye out on your tranny, especially the torque converter. My brother has the same year and style truck. It has eaten two converters ( both under warranty) His truck his bone stock (drive train wise), just lifted. He tows a 26' wanderer toy trailer = heavy bastard. In both converter failures they were ballooned and sent internal parts through the trans and poofkaboom dead on the road :(.
NOt dogging the truck, just a pointer on what to keep an eye out on.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
dhj -

Thanks for the heads up!

I have been comtemplating a 2 or 3 disc convertor anyway, since I will doing A LOT of heavy towing. Maybe that is the motivation that I need to :grd: .

Thanks again...

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Ferds notoriusly have had tranny problems many trans TSBs issued, especially OD trans, I had one krap out 3xs before my father in law go rid of it; if towing I'd add deep pan and the extra trans cooler as well, it might be worth you while to pick Sun Coasts brain, many of the DMax guys use them, also a supporter of the site.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Some of the 01 powerstrokes had the mechanical diode that was known to cause tranny nightmares. I believe there is a way to convert it to the later style diode and fix it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Goldsburg!

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts