Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum and new to diesel's. 3 weeks ago my uncle rolled my mighty ranger so it was time to find a new truck. I am picking up an 03 2500hd 4wd 6.6 ext cab w/43k today...

This truck maybe a little over kill for me but the ranger was getting too small for me and I just couldnt see getting a gas full sized p/u...my ranger was getting 15-17mpg at best. In the future lies a bunch of trips to the gravel yard..trips to Lowe;s and pulling a big enclosed trailer...whether that is soley a tranpotation trailer or an camper w/garage. And I plan to make Biodiesel once my garage is built...

SO being a diesel greeny...what is it i need to know about diesel's in genereal and this truck specifically.. I understand there can be injector issues with these bad boys?

·
Registered
448 Posts
8th digit of VIN

2=LLY
D=LBZ

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
but yours is a LB7

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
welcome BIG RED , do some searches and have a blast this place can be costly to the wallett!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Boooyahhhhhh!!!!! on your new truck. Congrat's!!!):h

Truck on!!!:cool:

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Place. I think you will find this site to have tons of information and knowledgeable people that will help you along the way. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Use the search feature as many have asked the questions that you need answers to. It will be your friend. Thanks for joining up, we are happy to have you and most of all, Enjoy..

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
:nopics:
Hi All,

New to the forum and new to diesel's. 3 weeks ago my uncle rolled my mighty ranger so it was time to find a new truck. I am picking up an 03 2500hd 4wd 6.6 ext cab w/43k today...

This truck maybe a little over kill for me but the ranger was getting too small for me and I just couldnt see getting a gas full sized p/u...my ranger was getting 15-17mpg at best. In the future lies a bunch of trips to the gravel yard..trips to Lowe;s and pulling a big enclosed trailer...whether that is soley a tranpotation trailer or an camper w/garage. And I plan to make Biodiesel once my garage is built...

SO being a diesel greeny...what is it i need to know about diesel's in genereal and this truck specifically.. I understand there can be injector issues with these bad boys?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts