Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed one in my 07.5 LMM. Pretty basic, and I've installed dozens of valve body kits in the past.

Anyway, fired the truck up afterwards and it has a big bump like the converter is trying to lock up, but does it in every gear. This is with the truck sitting still, haven't even backed it off the lift yet. Much harder bump in gears, less in Park/Neutral. Any idea what is going on? I'm stuck, not even sure where to start. Obviously can't drive it like this.

Jody

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Whats was the problem? Glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
installer error.............. :( pressure valve pin was not in the linkage correctly. The worst part is I even double checked it! :eek:

Jody

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Manual Valve........must have been panicing a little....you are all over the place.;)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Manual Valve........must have been panicing a little....you are all over the place.;)

Yes, I have probably 15000 posts on the car boards, just warming up with the diesel stuff! :D Thanks again for the help George!

Jody

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Thats a great feeling knowing you have successfully modded your ally! Now you can enjoy MUCH better shifts.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a great feeling knowing you have successfully modded your ally! Now you can enjoy MUCH better shifts.

I'm definitely going to be taking my truck to Mike L for a built trans and converter. It's really the only way to safely put this much power to the ground.

With that said I hope the Transgo Jr. helps in the meantime.

Jody

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I'm definitely going to be taking my truck to Mike L for a built trans and converter. It's really the only way to safely put this much power to the ground.

With that said I hope the Transgo Jr. helps in the meantime.

Jody
Exactly! But in the meantime the JR kit Will help . The trans should shift this way from the factory. For now when your playing put it in tow haul mode to keep the verter locked putting more of your power to the ground.:)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly! But in the meantime the JR kit Will help . The trans should shift this way from the factory. For now when your playing put it in tow haul mode to keep the verter locked putting more of your power to the ground.:)

thanks Tim. I do all my wot stuff in tow/haul, that's good advice. These trucks are a lot of fun! :D

Jody

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Oh yeah these trucks rule! Such hot rods for there size, bieng the gear head you are i was sure you knew about that but never hurts to give tips . Im still learning too, this diesel game is a Little diff than the gassers im used too, but much MUCH more fun!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts