Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my truck up tonight!
Yep! it's got a bow on the front.

All I can say is WOW! The truck is so cool!

For a stocker, the Durmax will make that thing go like the wind

I will get some pictures tomorrow. I have to leave it set in the Driveway. My Garage is not cleaned out yet to house a 21.4ft Truck.

My wife says I drive like a Semi. I told her it's a little tough after driving a Grand Cherokee.

Merry Christmas!

PS,

Now for something a little more serious, the Grill and bumper covers are installed and outside temps were unseasonally warm. (about 45 deg F). The engine temp was about 190 deg. and the Trans temp was about 140 deg.

Mirror temp read a high of 75deg going about 60mph.

I know I have to relocate the sensor.

I live about 26 miles from the Dealer so it got some in-town and highway miles now. (43 on the ODO.)

Just wanted to give you guys some information on warm weather usage of the winter covers. I would not recommend using in temps higher than 50 deg F.

Also, the Auto Climatate control system must use the temp sensor to determine when to run the A/C. I got it to come on when the mirror read 75 deg F.

You guys waiting for trucks, it's well worth the wait!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Dave,

Congratulations, glad to hear ya like it

Josh

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Glad to hear it ..... Nothing like a new truck .....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
91 Posts
DavesDmax

Congradulation on the new arrival. I live west about a 1/2hr from you and have to deal with the same temps. My cover is on now and it has not been a problem, it actually is doing a little better on milage with the cover on. Just wait it will cool down soon and you will need it to keep it warm. It is unseasonably warm here right now.

Good luck!

Engineer Bill

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congratulations Dave

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Makes me want to run out and buy another one!!

Congrats on the new truck!

Not you just gotta figure out what to do with the rest of your paycheck...will it go to Quad..Edge..Banks..Diablo..Bully Dog..TTS..TST..Kennedy..Nicktane....ah let the fun begin....

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
DAVE, way to go & congrad. on the new addition!! Howard

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on the new truck.I thought you weren't supposed to run the cover unless it was below 30 degrees?If you guys are running yours,with temps in the 50's,and not having any temp problems then I'm gonna put mine on too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I live in the same general area and had my grill cover on yesterday morning with temps out side at 40-45. My truck didnt seem to have a problem with those temps at all. I took it off when I left work . It was 50-55 then.

The engine temp and trany temp ran about the same as in the am.

Who knows? Put it on one day-Take it off the next, I will try to follow the manual on this and see how it works out.

Congrats on the new truck Dave and dont be afraid to run it hard after 500 mile brake in. The truck loves it and the Duramax will run better and better.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
288 Posts
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME, TRUCK SUPPOSED TO BE HERE FOR XMAS, LOOKS LIKE SANTA WILL BE ...LATE...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good deal. This kind of present keeps on giving for years to come...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words guys.

When I decided to get Duramax truck, this site was brand new so I joined right a way. The members here have always been friendly and helpful on advice. I have learned more about my truck than even the Service department knows. (I don't know if that's good or not
)

Howard, A special thanks to you for your assistance on where I my truck was built and how it would get home. That alone took a lot of anexity out of the deal.

You guys that live close to me, (Engineer Bill, Idle_Chatter, Paul, etc.), we are going to have to have a get together once in a while. It would really be nice to make a road trip up to Grand Rapids to scare Eric.

To the rest of you members, thanks for the support you have given and will give in the future. The Duramax / Allison combo is truly an awsome drivetrain. I have had some pretty powerful cars and some pretty decent gasser trucks, but nothing has compared to the raw torque that this truck produces.

Plus there is nothing better than scaring the crap out of bad car drivers. I'm putting a set of air horns and a tank.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! And I know what you mean about going from the Jeep to the truck, we traded my wifes 2000 regular cherokee and kept my 99 grand cherokee. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! Now what's the deal on relocating the temp sensor for the mirror? Think mine was reading pretty accurate, but if there is a relo required, I would like to know about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on the new truck Dave and good luck.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
srode said:
Now what's the deal on relocating the temp sensor for the mirror? Think mine was reading pretty accurate, but if there is a relo required, I would like to know about it.

The outside temp sensor is right behind the grill. When one puts the winter cover on, the temp sensor is warmed more by engine compartment air than by outside air being forced in by truck movement. If you do a search for Temp sensor or outside temp, you'll find links on how to's to relocate the sensor so it is exposed to outside air even with the grill cover on. I believe Kennedy's web site has a tips and tricks section and it is listed there too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Check the owners manual on use of the grill and bumper covers. They are not required until the temp stays a lot colder than 30 deg for extended periods of time. I forget the number and I am not going to the truck to get the book but I do recall that it has to be a lot colder than I initially thought. I was in Amarillo, TX last winter and we had single digit temps several times and never had a need for the covers nor plugging in the heater either. Check the book.

Tom Cobb

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Ok, I don't think I will worry about the temp sensor relo, don't plan on running a grill cover while in the Dallas Area. Will store it away in the event I relocate up North some day (hope not!)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I remember the day i got mine, they are awesome trucks

Hope you enjoy and MERRY CHRISTMAS

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congats on your new truck, treat it to it's first wax job and give it a good rub down

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Hey Dave where's the pic, I posted the pics of my new Chevy under Santa on the HD2500/3500 list.

I haven't used a winter front yet and a few times it was below 0 for days at a time, no problems.

Mine sits in a heated garage at nite and I don't plug it in at work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts