Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed the big head and i did it the exact way the directions said. i took it 4 a ride and it was only getting 17psi. i took it apart again and re adjusted it now im getting 22psi,. i was under the impression that it should hit 30 am i wrong? how much should it be and is there an easy way to adjust it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure how should i adjust it? shood i take it off and start over?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I have a simple little valve that will make your life much easier...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
watchu got?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but i allready have the big head

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I see how Kennedy's valve works but I don't get how it would work WITH a Big Head or what the combo would do that either one can't or won't do.

Can someone explain the BH to me and how the KD valve helps?

Wouldn't spddmn42 still need to adjust the Big Head?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but wat about adjusting the big head

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
No he would sell the big head and get the valve instead IIRC the valve is 95 bucks so if he sells the bighead he gets an easier thing to use and more money to spend

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Fuel drives the TURBO, without it you cannot make boost.

I have a Banks Bighead, I have had the boost valve and it did work "OK"........but I would not go back to it.

If you have a strong tune the BIG HEAD is all you need.

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
So the BH works.

The KD valve works "OK" ? What was just OK about it? Why do you like the BH better?

Do they work together to provide anything more that either alone wont?

I take it that the BH can be set for a moderate setting and the KD valve can be used to fine tune it up or down by manipulating the forces on the BH.

Is the BH a PITA to adjust or something?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
spddmn42 - there are lots of folks who have the BH and I am sure one of themn will chime in here. You probably should explain in detail how you have adjusted it (how many turns) and you will get some answers.

Do some searching and I'm sure you'll find some tips on adjusting it.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
So the BH works.

The KD valve works "OK" ? What was just OK about it? Why do you like the BH better?

Do they work together to provide anything more that either alone wont?

I take it that the BH can be set for a moderate setting and the KD valve can be used to fine tune it up or down by manipulating the forces on the BH.

Is the BH a PITA to adjust or something?
If you set the BIG HEAD up to limit boost to 30psi it will open up at 30 psi. I do not run anything over 30 psi, no need for it, why blow up a turbo ????

The boost valve was not from Kennedy Diesel it was from Lyndsey Racing and it was an adjustable boost valve inline.

What I did not like about it was that it limited boost signals in one direction only going to the wastegate, I had to put a small bleed off valve in line between the boost valve and the turbo wastegate to keep the psi from spiking, especially on 5th gear lockup.

The boost is the most predictable and consistant with the Big Head.

But hey, what do I know ......:rolleyes:

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
As more people start running my valve they will see how well it works with or without a Big Head wastegate...

·
Registered
75 Posts
It takes fuel and engine load to make boost. With just the edge and a big head I would hit about 23 lbs. With the predator stacked with the edge and a SCIII I hit 30 real fast. I can set it for more but I tend to error on the side of caution no need to blow a turbo. I think if you turn up you BH a bit more you might get a few more pounds but with just an edge you won't see that much more boost.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
turn the actuater rod to shorten it , it must be resleased from the flap with air

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so the shorter the rod the more psi?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so the shorter the rod the more psi?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status