Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Dooley owners on the forum with mudflaps? Please post pictures and brands. Anyone know who makes the large rubber flaps with just the little chrome strip on the bottom?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I got husky formed mudflaps. Will post pics once i get time to take some. you can get normal mudflaps and the chrome strips at any truckstop. Im in serious debate over going to 19.5's and will have to shed the huskys for some real flaps.

Id like to thank hoot for all the pics he has already uploaded. Once again stolen from hoots files.

Oh it is my truck though. just thought i should probably mention that.Edited by: chevmeister

·
Registered
540 Posts
Got the OEM set. No pics sorry

·
Registered
168 Posts
Husky formed mudflaps. Did not have to drill any holes, easy installation.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Putco!

I have Putco mud flaps on my 3500, front and rear. They are stainless steel with a rubber bottom, and have a s/s "anti-sail" trim piece at the bottom. They look great, but they are kinda pricey...I spent around $225.00 for the 4 flaps. They do require drilling to install. I hope to have some pictures of my truck uploaded in the next couple of weeks.

Kevin

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent guys! I was looking for these...

$139 isn't bad at all. I like the rear but not sure about the fronts.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

Singles also but I used a 30" long truck flap and cut it down the center. Got it from Napa for under $10. I need some sheetmetal work done so I'll see how much they will charge to make 12" wide SS weights. You can also buy 14" wide weights that are used on front flaps for semis. Since I put the flaps on before the wider tires I may spend the $20 for two new ones and cut 14" wide singles to cover the tire completely.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
y2kboti said:
Excellent guys! I was looking for these...

$139 isn't bad at all. I like the rear but not sure about the fronts.

I know you wouldn't be disappointed with the Duraflaps. They are not the flexible rubber type ...rather a very stiff plastic/vinyl composite about 3/8" think and inside is textured for keeping down water spray, etc. Guaranteed for 1 year. They carry a lot of popular sizes but will also make any size you want. The flaps I have are custom made for the 4" lift so they are a little longer and wider then a standard set. I have them on front/rear as the husky flaps didn't do squat after I lifted the truck. There are more mud flap picts via my sig.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We sell the OWENS heavy duty dually flap 19" x24" with either diamond aluminim or stainless inserts for $91.00 + $17.50 freight due to the weight. These include brackets to mount them drilling is required.

Sorry I do not have a photo on a GM @ this time! ARGH

email me they are not on the web site. David www.etruckaccessories.com Edited by: etruckaccessories-guy

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tophog said:
…They are not the flexible rubber type ...rather a very stiff plastic/vinyl composite about 3/8" think and inside is textured for keeping down water spray, etc…
Thanks for the heads up tophog. In all honesty these aren’t for me, rather a gift for a new Dooley owner. I’m thinking the flexible rubber flaps would be better. So I guess the question is who makes that style of flair in rubber? Maybe I should take a trip down to the local big rig accessories shop but I’ll doubt they’ll have what I need.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
If you go the flexible rubber type be sure you use weights or they may roll-up ...tear, etc. Pros/cons to each type ...

·
Registered
41 Posts
chevmeister, where did you get that 6x6 sticker for the bedside? Did you make them? My black dually need to get hooked up.

Marc

·
Registered
946 Posts
My Husky dont line up for crap. I will have to drill new holes I guess.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
yeah i made them. ill get some better pics to show you, but i can make anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Deflecta shield single wheel mudflaps also made for dualies... they look like the ones above on the ford.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What tophog said!

I purchased Duraflaps for all four corners and am very pleased. I need to mention that Dennis and Nina’s customer service, hospitality and can-do attitude are second to none. When proceeding to install the rears, I hesitated and called Dennis. No way was I going to drill holes in my new baby per the instructions. Being only a couple hours away, Dennis offered to install them in exchange for using my truck as a guinea pig and taking installation pictures.

Long story short; Dennis was able to mount the rears using factory holes and created a template which he can use to pre-drill for the ’04 GM Dually.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I put the Putco on the rear of mine, I drilled the Putco flap and not the truck. I put some OEM on for the winter as the Putco get dirty too quick in this crappy weather.

You can see the Putco in my picture album site in sig.

Diesel Dragon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts