Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just woundering what the owners of the BFGoodrich tires(265s) were running with reguards to PSI. Mine are at the max (from the shop that put them one) as if I was running fully loaded but I am not loaded...and I think my ride is just alittle to stiff.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I run my 265's at 60 in the front and 50 in the rear when the truck is not loaded. This seams to give me an even tread ware and a fair ride quality.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue Max... thanks for the info. I am going to check my pressure tonight.

·
Registered
617 Posts
When I had the BFG 265's I ran 45psi all the way around and max while towing. Worked fine for me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
When empty I to was bouncing all over the place. I now run 55 in the front and 60 in the rear and the truck runs real nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok gotta ask, why are you running more psi in the rear tires when empty?

The front tires have a LOT more weight on them then the rears do when empty, plus they are the ones doing the stopping and turning, all the rears do is put the power to the ground.

That said, I'm running the stock Bridgestones at 55 front and 45 rear when empty.

·
Registered
444 Posts
DalDMax

I thought of going even lower because some posts mentioned the weight ratio like you but I was getting a little concerned about going too low.

I've been reading a lot of posts and saving suggestions and your pressures certainly sound good. It seems a lot of people are using those pressures. I may start experimenting going lower.

One post someone weight their truck:
Excerpt from a post I found

" ...I weighed mine. While towing the 5'er, my rear tires carry 4400 lbs, the front carry 4100 lbs. Empty the front carries 4050, the rear 2900. Towing I keep it at 55 lbs front, 60 lbs rear. Empty, 55 front, 45 rear."

·
Registered
95 Posts
I run mine at about 55 front and 45 rear with the truck unloaded. I just run the rears up to 60 or 65 psi when I am going to load the truck up heavy. The BFGs really change their contact patch with different tire pressures, so they are easy to get an uneven wear pattern. The factory tires (E rated Firestones in my case) were very insensitive to tire pressure. You could run those tires at 80 psi in the rear, and you would get a harsh ride, but the contact patch would not really change much at all. I think this is more due to the construction of the tires than the size difference between 245s and 265s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts