Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a site or knowledge of tire pressure to run these tires with? Stock tire pressure is easy...look at the door or manual. Putting bigger tires on is always a shot in the dark. I'm not hauling anything....just driving around city and sometimes running to Lake Havasu in AZ. Running 40 front and 35 rear right now. Does that sound close or should I run something different?

Here is a pic on my rig:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Whats the rim width on the EVO's? Also what load range are the BFG's? Answer depends on load range, and what loading capacity your looking for. I can give you load ratings at specific pressures if I know the specs.

Mike

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

Rims: 16X8

Tires: BFG LT315/75/16 load D

Load Range: none...nothing in bed/nothing towing.

Thx, Doug.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Doug,

Tires are spec'd for a 8-10 inch rim, fine there. Load ranges are as follows:

2535lbs at 35 psi

2715lbs at 40 psi

2950lbs at 45 psi

3195lbs at 50 psi

If your not hauling anything your probably fine at your pressures, but if it were me I'd run 40 psi min. all the way around. Your tires will perform better with more rather than less air, and your ride quality should not suffer. Hope this helps.

Mike

*on edit, nice looking truck, sunny southern cal, MI weather bl*ws
Edited by: VFRRider

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx Mike for the info and the comment about my truck. I ran 40 front due to the weight of the Duramax. 35 had the front tires mushroomed a bit. Running 35 rear since nothing in bed and limit the bounce due to the HD stock springs. I'll try 40 though. Also, got to love the SoCal weather

Later!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME BFGS AND 10INCH WHEELS I HAVE FOUND THE TRUCK HANDLES MUCH BETTER RUNNING 50PSI IN FRONT AND 40 IN THE REAR UNLOADED IF IM LOADED I PUT 50 PSI IN THE REAR

·
Registered
522 Posts
For what it's worth, I'm running 45psi all the way around. I'm in the same boat as Bodysurfer; not towing anything most of the time, just running empty. Can't complain about ride quality or anything. Haven't put on enough miles on tires yet to see tread wear. I'm running 16X8 rims as well.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I have been running 50 in front and 42 in rear. The rear seems to have about 1" on the outside of the tires that dont show dust/dirt which makes me think too much air is bulging the center and lifting the edge off the ground. I don't tow and probably only have150# of stuff in the back. The tonneau cover is probably 200#. I am gonna take it to a tire place and ask them to look at it and give an opinion. don't see the same on the front. Engine & tranny are pretty heavy. 50 psi is probably min. for this truck. IMHO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts