Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing I can say about xm radio is wow. Why on earth did I wait so long to get it???

I can drive anywhere now (desert, mountains etc) and get cd quality radio.

Now I just have to wait for ART BELL to come on at 10 pm.

I got the car kit and home kit. I can even plug it into my CC radio's aux port and take it camping in my tent.
How cool is that?
Edited by: problemchild

·
Registered
479 Posts
XM is really cool... but as for your comment about CD quality audio, I disagree.

The audio quality is much more compressed and "digitally MP3" sounding than my taste can handle.

95% of you out there will love it, but I hate it.

I'm quite the picky guy however... see my website.

www.audiovideoelectronics.com

Stefan

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did notice that some stations sound like they are clipping at certain times. It was one or two that I dont listen too. It was also before I got the modulator (I was using the cassette adapter thingy).

Now it sounds great. Its much better then listening to your favorite radio show only to have it fade out to Mexican fiesta music with accordians blaring.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
For the application of XM in autos I think it is just fine. Yes I agree it is more like MP3s but put the into the mix all the noise that comes from road and truck....even the quality of FM broadcasts in some areas...the XM is preaty good. It is still just a receiver. Now what I can not wait for is the SACD, DVD-A, and DTS audio to make it into my truck!

Stefan is, I would say by looking at his company a master at his craft. He could probably hear a pin drop on to foam.
Me on the other hand I just pretend I know what I am talking about when it comes to audio
....but I really wish I had more knowledge...I love the audio/video thing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
XM works for me. Coming from a 6.2 with the three speed automatic, I'm just happy to be able to hear music at all!

·
Registered
341 Posts
The great thing about XM is the sports channels - OOOOOOOH.....

Drives my wife nuts sometimes though, since I can change the channels on the steering wheel if she gets frisky & tries to change the station....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts