Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of herzog injectors for my 6.5. They were only intended for temporary. I was planning to send my stock GERMAN Bosch injectors for a rebuild. Well these cheap pieces of crap didn't last 2 hours! They are pissing out where the two halves screw together.

Pics below. The first pic is one of my German Bosch taken apart.

Attachments

Reactions: 101Volts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sad to see that, least they didn't start pouring diesel into your cylinders...

·
Super Moderator A Country Boy Can Survive...
14,347 Posts
Herzog doesn't make 6.5 injectors and they never did, so whatever you got are chinese garbage injectors.

Stick with Genuine Bosch or Stanadyne injectors. I've had a set of Stanadyne injectors from Heath in my 96 for over 40K and they are fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep, I bought these hunk a junk injectors to. Only mine leak at the nipples. I have a few where the nipple are loose. And I actually and one injector blow the nipple out of the injector, luckily I was only a few block away from my house when it happened.

Got a new set of Bosch's now ready to go in.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oldblacksmoker i may check those injectors out. I appreciate that link!

When i got home the injectors were VERY loud. So i parked the truck in the garage. Now i cant work till its fixed. :(

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I hate to say this but a simple search here on DP would have told you what crap those injectors are. A little tip.. Before you buy do a search here on the product. Most everything has been covered at one time or another.
Its what i do It saves me a lot of money and trouble.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I hate to say this but a simple search here on DP would have told you what crap those injectors are. A little tip.. Before you buy do a search here on the product. Most everything has been covered at one time or another.
Its what i do It saves me a lot of money and trouble.
truer words have never been said

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew the herzogs were crap. I was just hoping they would last till i get the Bosch back from rebuilding. Six were leaking total. 75% :eek: I took them back to the dealer and got six more to try out. And they didn't just give them out either. I had to show pics of how only the bottom half of the injector was wet. They were claiming i didn't torque the line nut down enough. I got them in and now i have a horrible knocking on the passenger side.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I knew the herzogs were crap. I was just hoping they would last till i get the Bosch back from rebuilding. Six were leaking total. 75% :eek: I took them back to the dealer and got six more to try out. And they didn't just give them out either. I had to show pics of how only the bottom half of the injector was wet. They were claiming i didn't torque the line nut down enough. I got them in and now i have a horrible knocking on the passenger side.
:boink: Thats insanely messed up, this thread should go into the FAQ under "cheap Injectors" so when (I say when because I know someone will bring this topic up again) someone asks about inferior injectors to save a buck we can reference it to back up everybody saying DONT DO IT!

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
the knocking is a faulty injector. if you loosen the line on each one while its running, you'll narrow down the faulty one engine won't stumble much and knocking should go away

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a vid of my noise now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cracked all 8 lines and it stumbled on all of them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:boink: Thats insanely messed up, this thread should go into the FAQ under "cheap Injectors" so when (I say when because I know someone will bring this topic up again) someone asks about inferior injectors to save a buck we can reference it to back up everybody saying DONT DO IT!
Sounds good to me. :rolleyes:

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
I knew the herzogs were crap.

I took them back to the dealer and got six more to try out.

I got them in and now i have a horrible knocking on the passenger side
You'd be well advised to park your truck until you get some quality injectors in there. Next thing you know you're going to end up needing a lot more than just injectors.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
I added this thread to the FAQ, BTW.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just installed the six new injectors they gave me to replace the leaky ones and guess what? Almost all of them leak. I ran it at 1600rpm on high idle for about 5 minutes and sure enough i can see the fuel bubbling out where the two halves of the injector go together. I am going to take them back to the dealer and request a refund. The sorry pieces of crap dont last 5 minutes of idling without leaking, so i wouldn't dare trust them on the highway. These injectors are not worth the effort it takes to change injectors. I wouldn't have them as spares. Now my truck (my only vehicle) is out of commision until i get my Bosch back or get some new Bosch from Rockauto.

I knew they were not good, but i didn't know they were this f***ing sorry!

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,800 Posts
You probably needs to take a video and show it to them when you are getting a refund. Otherwise, they will try to swindle out of their responsibility.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
Wherever you're buying these from should return this whole batch of garbage to China or wherever they got em from. The sad part of this is that some unknowing person is going to buy these things, install them, and destroy their engine.

Presumably they're going to try to sell the rest of them (and hell, likely even the ones you're returning) to the next sucker who walks in the door. It's a shame someone would try to do something positive for their engine only to end up destroying it for their efforts.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wherever you're buying these from should return this whole batch of garbage to China or wherever they got em from. The sad part of this is that some unknowing person is going to buy these things, install them, and destroy their engine.

Presumably they're going to try to sell the rest of them (and hell, likely even the ones you're returning) to the next sucker who walks in the door. It's a shame someone would try to do something positive for their engine only to end up destroying it for their efforts.
They are from Germany, remember? :rolleyes:

I know these aint from Germany. As a matter of fact there is no telling where these are from. The only markings are a "275" on some injectors and a "091" on the rest. Where as my stock injectors had Germany Bosch on them. I think i will be lucky to get my money back. I know they wont be happy to see me again, and will be ready to "fight"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts