Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a source for better sunvisors? The standard ones on the LT1 are cheap. Looking for dual shade type, where you can swing one over to the side window and flip one down in front of you also. The lighted ones from JS Custom are a bit much. Any other choices out there ??

·
Registered
620 Posts
Has anyone found a source for better sunvisors? The standard ones on the LT1 are cheap. Looking for dual shade type, where you can swing one over to the side window and flip one down in front of you also. The lighted ones from JS Custom are a bit much. Any other choices out there ??

I second that question!! How about where to get replacements for a 95 Suburban?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
There's been a few threads in the past about installing the lighted visors. Search "lighted visors" and you should get some info.

The million dollar question is this, though..... NOBODY who has installed the lighted visors has posted the part number for the plugs needed to cover the old visor retainer holes in the headliner. This is a critical piece of info to know before doing this project. If anyone knows the "plug" part numbers, please post them.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have lighted visors that are ok...just the material is coming apart.

Has anyone tried getting a shop to recover them?

Will newer model Suburban visors fit the older model Suburbans? Our local dealer says he can no longer get the originals.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
I don't think they will retro-fit. I guess you'd have to ask an upholstery shop if they can do it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i bought a set of lighted sunvisors off of e-bay then called jp-customs and he sold me the wiring kit and clips for around 35.00. worked great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts