Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best trany up grade for a quade 226HP chip, and maybe higher horsepower injectors? i don't want to go over board but i want more power. so what up grade is the best?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You have a box that will add 226 hp......you want to add bigger injectors......and you DON'T want to go over board on the tranny....

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
tmg115 is our resident Ford PSD B-Buster. Looks like he really wants to stand behind his claims.

tmg115... you will cook your trans if you don't spend at least $2500 on it.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
<DIV align=center>HATE DO SEE WHAT HE CALLS OVER-BOARD
</DIV>
<DIV align=center>TMG DO YOU CONSIDER MY 500HP DECAL UPGRADE OVERBOARD??
</DIV>Edited by: PEANUTGRWR

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well what i mean by over board is a ATS Stage 3 trany. I just want the new programmer, maybe keep my edge on her
and new injectors when mine go out. so i want a good trany but i don't think i would need the top HP trany. so i am just wonder which one would be good for the up grades i will be doing. like a trans go kit or is that not strong enough? a sun coast stage 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 i don't know so thats what i am wondering.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yup!

Your willing to stack modules and get bigger injectors. You have talked about twin turbos in the past. Don't forget nitrous or propane or both.

Yet you want to just put in a Transgo kit or maybe a first or second level tranny upgrade.
????

All the go fast goodies don't mean a thing if you can't put the power to the ground. You will trash a first or second level upgrade with those mods.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
TMG SINCE YOURE CONSIDERING TWINS, YOU MIGHT WANNA ALSO CONSIDER A LENCO 5 SPEED IF YOU DONT WANNA GO OVER BOARD

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lenco might be overboard, how about a built Powerglide. Do you really need more than two gears with 1,500-2000 lb ft of torque?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
There is a reason why the fastest duramaxes out there are running ATS or Suncoast trannies.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Michigana_Joe said:
Lenco might be overboard, how about a built Powerglide. Do you really need more than two gears with 1,500-2000 lb ft of torque?
two gears with 1000-1500 ft# is enough when the Duramax has a 4500 redline...

Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok let me see if i can explain this anybetter.

it seems as though non of you under stand what i am asking. so let me try again.

What trany would be the best for me to get. Buy this i mean handle the power. of 2 chips and MAYBE!!!!!!! injectors. would the SUNCOAST stage 2work or maybe the 3. or do i need the level 4?????? thats what i am asking. i have no idea what trany upgrade will be the best? thats why i am asking here. i want to buy what i need not what i don't. why spend $6,000 on a trany when i only need one that costs $4,000???????? i am not trying to pay the least i can i am just trying to buy what i need nothing more or nothing less.

Edited by: hoot

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Guys with LESS power than you are dreaming of are tearing up ANYTHING less than a full blown ATS or Suncoast...

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I like the Lenco...

Just a little hard shifting while holding a beverage and a cellphone

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
TMG,

I think we understand just fine. We are telling you to get the full race setup. Nobody likes having to pony up the big bucks for the full setup but you will have to get the highest stage if you want it to hold up down the road.

With the stated power you want to make you could go with the Stage 1 or 2 type setup but I would have to introduce you to a couple of friends named Moe and Ron if you do.

·
Registered
353 Posts
LOL..you guys crack me up!!

TMG, I am by NO means an expert! Nor have I even reach novice status yet. But the Suncoast tranny will be a MAJOR improvement on what you currently have. You are talking about some SERIOUS numbers there bro. I only plan on running 1 box. Maybe a stack in the future, But the Suncoast stage 3 is definately in my future. You might save a couple grand in the beginning but how about if you get a stage 3 then toast it and have to get a stage 4? How much is that?

I am with you on not wanting to spend more than you have to. BUT I also don't want to have to spend the same money twice either.

MikeEdited by: Lonewolf867

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
........better to have it and not need it.......then need it and not have it..........

·
Registered
369 Posts
hoot said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, LENCO!!!!

Trannys are just like HP, you never have enough, and when you buy only a little soon enough you end up having to buy more cause it was not enough for what you REALLY wanted.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kennedy said:
Guys with LESS power than you are dreaming of are tearing up ANYTHING less than a full blown ATS or Suncoast...

Thank you for answering my question. i really appreciate it. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts