Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 2500HD with the factory power extending towing mirrors. Needless to say im tired of fighting the some times they work, some times they dont. I just bought an enclosed trailer and will be needing to use them often...

What are the best quality, best working Extendable Towing mirrors to get that will fit and look nice on my 03... and power extending is not important... Thanks in advance...

·
LLY Guy
11,949 Posts
Kool-Vue '06 style. Look on ebay

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
06-07 tow mirrors oem.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Kool-Vue '06 style. Look on ebay

X2
Looked at them side by side with stock 06 and they looked the same and of course cost a lot less.

·
Premium Member
17,862 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
heymccall....where's the best place to find the factory "Elaphant ears" for my 06 Chevy....it has power folding, heat and turn signal small mirrors on it now..Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I used to use Schefenacker mirrors (now Visiocorp) They hook up to the factory connectors inside the door, and use the factory controls for adjusting and heating, as well as LED turn signals and LED running lights. They pull out manually similar to the mirrors on the new trucks.
I still have a set of them laying around from my '04 if anybody is interested.
Here's a couple of pictures from their website.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I bought a cheap set of Reese mirrors with elastic straps. (Wal-Mart for $15 each.) Complete junk. Vibrated so bad I couldn't see the trailer. A couple weeks ago I bought a set of CIPA mirrors that slide over the factory units. Better, but not great. (Camping supply store for $45 each.)

I saw some 06 mirrors by Kool Vue on Ebay for around $60 each. Probably the best bet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's why I love my manual-pull "Elephant ears"...they work every time..;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I used to use Schefenacker mirrors (now Visiocorp) They hook up to the factory connectors inside the door, and use the factory controls for adjusting and heating, as well as LED turn signals and LED running lights. They pull out manually similar to the mirrors on the new trucks.
I still have a set of them laying around from my '04 if anybody is interested.
Here's a couple of pictures from their website.
I got these when I got the truck new, love them. Never had an issue and you see so much better!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Get the west coast mirrors. ;)

Once you've used them, all other mirrors seem weak and futile.

·
Registered
182 Posts
X3 on the Schefenacker mirrors ! They are pricey, but worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I used to use Schefenacker mirrors (now Visiocorp)
NICE! Don't care for the chrome though. One of these days I will pull my elephant ears and get these. I despise the tow mirrors on the 06.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The chrome on the back is a snap on piece, you can get a regular piece and leave it black or paint it to match the truck or whatever.

If GM hadn't finally started putting on decent mirrors, I'd still be using those. :)

Edit: From a looks standpoint I definitely prefer the Schefenackers, but at least the mirrors on my '11 work. I don't think they'll be too bad once I get them and that ugly damn fake cowl induction thingy on the hood painted to match the truck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts