Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Towing mirrors. What's the best towing mirrors to get. My 3500 came with just heated, power adjustale glass, was thinking about the GM power extending. when I asked my dealed if the stock wiring harness would work, He said yes, maybe, perhaps.......So I really didn't want to buy them and not have them work.. Thanks for your opinions...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was told by mt dealer that if you want the extending mirrors but did not get them on the truck stock then you can buy them and install them yourself. You will have to take it to the dealership so that they can change the switch from auto fold to auto extend. If yours do not atuo fold then I think there will be alot more to it.

You might want to check with a different dealer if there is one in your area. Mine seemed very confident that it was a simple procedure.

Mike Miller

·
Registered
958 Posts
IMHO the TTT mirrors can't be beat. Great customer service, too.. Not cheap though, $550 if you want power/heated with lights.

http://www.ttt-mirror.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
My truck came with the power folding mirrors, I talked the dealer into changing them to the power extending, heated turn signal mirrors. They did it in about an hour so I assume that the harness, switch etc is compatable with both types. These mirrors are GREAT ! Edited by: Crashdummy

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
For more info on the OEM GM tow/camper mirrors ... yes, I do sell them
but also have more information on them on my web page.

Click on link in sig.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the CIPA Extendable Towing Mirrors. These are big mirrors. They are electric and heated. Stylin Concepts sells them for somewhere around $350 to $400. I originally had the stock electric/heated mirrors (no folding) on my 2003 K2500HD SLT. Unfortunately, the stock mirror does NOT have a harness plug. The mirror is hard wired down to the control panel in the door.
Nevertheless, the CIPA comes with a wiring diagram showing you exactly what wires to connect the mirror wires
. It took me about 1-2 hours - but I soldered everything and took my time. It was very, very easy!! I love mine. They are about $100 or so cheaper than the TTT's. The only thing they lack is the turn signal. A picture is below.

P.S. Here is a link. Stylin Concepts I would call to make sure they have the correct ones.Edited by: tundracamper

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ditto with what Tundracamper said..The Cipa's are really cool

·
Registered
958 Posts
I like the look of the Cipa's the best, when I was shopping they were not compatible with '03 trucks, only '01 and '02s, unless I wanted the non-power non-heated flavor. No regrets though.. I could have waited and had the ones I really wanted, but I do like the features that the TTT have, like the built in turn signals and front LED marker lights.

If I were to do it again I'd probably get the Cipa's, since they are cheaper and I prefer the looks of them, and since they now work on 03/04 trucks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have these. They are great! Good quality, fast on and off (after you set up the first time.) The mirror extention is adjustable... Good for long wide trailers.

I rodered with the optional convex mirrors.

http://www.hensleymfg.com/mckeshmirrors.html

·
Registered
612 Posts
I concur with the positive recommendation for ttt's ..... zero blind spots and solid (no vibration) ....

Jim

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts