Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best toolbox for my SB. I want either a 5’er toolbox or one that is difficult to see in the truck’s bed. I've seen some of the Husky, Weatherguard and Delta toolboxes. I'm looking for something that has a reasonably secure locking mechanism.

What toolboxes are you using and what made you chose that brand?

Thanks!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I bought mine at Lowe's 199.00. It sits just below the bed rail so you really don't see it. I very happy with it! Click my sig below to see it. Looking at some of the pictures you won't see it but it is in the bed.

The best part is the emblem can be removed, it's only held on with double sided tape. The Huskey's (Home Depot) have rivets on the emblems.

Oh and you can add a second lock to the right side as well.

Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
125 Posts
The best ones I've found are from Highway Products...

http://www.800toolbox.com/

I have the large 5th wheel box and may soon get the companion one... See my truck pics below... It has a light and removable tool tray; also a spot that holds cans and or oil... It's made from marine grade stainless and has a automobile door style gasket... The lock/latching system is the best I've seen!!...........Triffid

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Voodoo said:
I bought mine at Lowe's 199.00. It sits just below the bed rail so you really don't see it. I very happy with it! Click my sig below to see it. Looking at some of the pictures you won't see it but it is in the bed.

The best part is the emblem can be removed, it's only held on with double sided tape. The Huskey's (Home Depot) have rivets on the emblems.

Oh and you can add a second lock to the right side as well.

You have a nice truck
. That is one Looooong truck. I test drove a Bowtie CC long bed and it was about 9 inches too long for my garage.
I'll be over to Lowes tomorrow to check their selection of toolboxes. At $199, the price is right. Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
After seeing this, I stopped at Lowes and picked up one of these boxes tonight... Great deal and it looks great!

Mine didn't come with any installation hardware - I ended up drilling four bolt holes through the bottom. I wanted to get the holes done before I do my Line-X bed covering next week.

Rick

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dura_Mike,

Thanks, The price is right for what you get, I picked up the tray too (black plastic).

ricklaut

Congrats on your new toy, this fourm makes me spend too much money
.Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I installed a Slide Systems rollerbox 4-drawer pro. It's pricey, but really nice. Not only is it a really good box with multiple storage positions along the track, but the aluminum extension tracks become full bed rails that really protect the weak sheet metal on the box. I added the heavy duty front rail and mounted my bed cap to the rails. Really sturdy and high quality system.

http://www.slidesystems.com/Pages/rollerbox1.html

Edited by: Idle_Chatter

·
Registered
211 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax said:
RAWSON KOENIG............

Best I have seen.

T
NY

I'll second that Tony! Most will not want to pay the price, however. I have one on my 82.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GMC-2002-Dmax and Professor -

The Rawson-Koenig boxes do look like they are top quality, but they are a little pricey for me.

Idle_Chatter -

The Slide Systems boxes are unique and they would be convenient, but there will be a 4 wheeler in the back of my truck most of the time and I wouldn't get the full advantage of the sliders.

I think I'll probably go with the $199 box that Voodoo found at Lowes.

Thank you, everyone for the suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts