Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 2500HD Dmax. I love the truck, but have had some major problems with it, all of which have been taken care of under warranty to this point. Included in those was injectors at 66k and a new motor at 80k. Well, recently the truck began experiencing some of the signs of injector failure again, SES light code P1093, hard starting, slightly down on power. I took it back to Champion Chevrolet here in Houston, where so far they have been extremely good to me, and told him the symptoms and had them diagnose it. As always, I didnt let on that I know a little about the trucks and that I thought it might be the injectors. Well, 2 days later, the service writer tells me they looked at it and the tech is recommending a differential fluid change!! I asked him how the hell that would set a code and what code did they get from the SES light check. The stupid MF just studderd and said, "you have a scan 2 tool?" I said yes I do and asked him to explain how that code is related to the differential. Needless to say, he had to go back and talk to the tech. What an MF'n joke.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Yeah, that is sorry. I wonder how many people they get with that one...

·
Registered
363 Posts
WOW! What a horrible situation to have to deal with. Are you going to let them continue to work on your truck? I would be down there speaking with the Service Manager/Director and possibly looking for a different dealer to work on my ride! Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diagnosis update

Well, the guy called back and said he got my truck confused with another. He says the injection pump is bad, which is more believable. I guess I should have asked for the same service writer that helped me before as he was excellent. The guy that is helping me now did apologize and fixed his mistake. This time its gonna cost me $1990 to get it fixed. I think I'm going to start looking for a new truck soon. One more major problem and the truck will be junk to me as I wont be able to afford to fix it. I do have to say that this was the first problem I have had with Champion Chevrolet on the Gulf Freeway here in Houston. If any of you guys need warranty or other work done in Htown, they have been good to me. The service writer over there that is very good is Marcus.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What happened to your engine at 80k??? How many miles do you have now?? I would assume that when you got a new engine that you got a new injection pump with it, assuming you bought a whole engine and not a short block.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Engine

Apparantly, when my injectors failed, it caused some engine damage with the fuel washing the cylinders down as the #8 cylinder was badly scuffed and the piston was ate up. It ran good when I first got it back after the injectors were done. One day after about 15k miles after injectors, I noticed white smoke coming out from under the hood (later learned that it was coming out of the crankcase vent due to excessive blowby from the bad hole) and a knocking in the motor. The dealer did a compression check to find the dead cylinder, then tore it down and took pics and sent to GM. 2 weeks later, GM OKd a new motor and they installed a new long block. No charge at all, but they had my truck for a month. They did not replace the injection pump as it was a factory rebuilt long block and not a complete new crated package.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stealer

If you took your truck in for an engine problem and they came back and said you needed to get the diff. serviced, what would your reaction be? Like I said in the post that followed, they corrected the problem and I had no previous problems with them, so consider the title of the post edited to not include the gloss "stealer".

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am curious, How many miles on it now?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was going to go there to have my injectors checked, but they couldn't touch it because it is a GMC. They were very helpful though.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Your problem sounds similar to mine with the #8 cylinder did you have a chip or programmer on it ever and if you did witch one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts