Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a programmer because I bought larger tires and have to fix the speedo. Could I get a few options on what you guys think are good products? Thanks.
Eric

·
Registered
754 Posts
Quad Stealth, Diablosport Predator, Bullydog Powerpup, and PPE tuners are your choice. All can do it, search on each of them for specifics.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Quad Stealth, Diablosport Predator, Bullydog Powerpup, and PPE tuners are your choice. All can do it, search on each of them for specifics.
Also check the "For Sale" forum. Might find one at a good price.
JP

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
If all you need to do is fix the speedo then you can get a TruSpeed.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
What year is your truck - not all programmers can do the change on all model years. I think 01's are only addressable by TTS.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
What year is your truck - not all programmers can do the change on all model years. I think 01's are only addressable by TTS.
Nah, it's the speed limiter on the 01's that can't be changed, and now that it is two generations & 5 years old, probably never will. But, the speedo and odo can be with a programmer like Edge, Predator, Hypertech, etc.
JP

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Oh yeah - actually you are partially correct. The Edge cannot correct the in-dash speedo but can display correct speed on the A-monitor on an 01. That is why I needed to get the Truspeed.

The 01 speed limiter is another story and I think only a Predator and a TTS can remove it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Year of truck

Its an '03 Silverado, crew with short box. Cool guys thank for the input. I do not think a Truspeed will work because a technician said that I would still have the problem with the ABS system. I believe it has to change in the PCM to avoid any other problems; it can not just be fixed between the PCM and the speedo. Thanks again guys.
Eric

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
You might have that backwards...

The Truespeed alters the singal at the source speed sensors so it would feed the PCM the actual speed which would correct the ABS reaction.

I am not sure how each of the other solutions does it. They might only alter the singal that goes from the PCM to the speedo. That would only fix the speedo but not be feeding the correct speed into the other speed dependent functions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might be right

You might be right with that senario so I'll have to check into it, thanks for the input.
Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts