Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wan to buy a programmer for my o2 dually, it currently has an mbrp dual exhaust and an air intake, which programmer will give me the best performance. i was recommended a pacific.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
There are soooo many different options out there. Edge Juice/atittude is probably the most popular. If you want 'the best performance' you're going to have to drop about 3-5k into your transmission first. Anything over about 100hp over stock and you are on borrowed time with the Allison.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Max is right, go easy. The edge is the most liked. I have the predator. I like it

·
Registered
308 Posts
I love my quadzilla

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
How many times ahs thbis question been asked?

1 tooo many i'll tell you that..

there's a search button at the top of the page..click it and you'll be able to search for whatever your heart desires..

·
Registered
434 Posts
i wan to buy a programmer for my o2 dually, it currently has an mbrp dual exhaust and an air intake, which programmer will give me the best performance. i was recommended a pacific.
Good question & there's no clear answer - why doesn't someone post a poll with sticky like was done on exhaust systems? Maybe that will help out the new guys & gals.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Use a supporting vendor of the forum. Go to the forum title screen and click on the supporting vendors forum. Most guarantee pricing, and will be there after the sale as well.

Kennedy, [email protected], and DPPI come to mind.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought the Edge Juice w/ Attitude. If you ask me its a must. I've enjoyed mine.:grd:

·
Registered
146 Posts
How many times ahs thbis question been asked?

1 tooo many i'll tell you that..

there's a search button at the top of the page..click it and you'll be able to search for whatever your heart desires..
-------------------------------
Pro400exc,

Thanks for that heavy info, Dude. Jeez, are we all dumb, or what?? Let's just shut this website down cause everything is known and Search IS the answer to all. Go FART and come back to us.

Mudbug

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like the Predator. But I keep it on the low setting. The good/bad thing about programmers is the time it take to switch b/t programs. This helps me keep it on the lower settings but thats not everybodies ideal situation.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Seeing that you are looking at Programmers, the Quad or PPE are the best. The Quad gets my vote due to the fact that it has so many power/torque levels to choose from.

If you want a device that bypasses the computer, then the Juice is a very good choice.

If you have a laptop computer, and an LB7 or LLY (Not an 06 LLY) then the EFIlive is without a doubt the top choice! With that great toy, you could build or get from others 100, 1,000 or maybe many times those numbers in power levels. And it can do much more then any programmer could ever hope to do. And devices lie the Juice can not do most of what EFIlive can due. However; What ever you buy, gauges should be on your short list!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Edge J/A is great. Just keep it at level 3 or below on stock tranny.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice reply Mudbug! ( on the search issue) I have a superchip which is safe,,max hp is 90. Just think ahead as the bug digs deeper and you want to go faster,,,,most other programmers have more capability, but cost more. I have too many toys and expenses, so i cant rod my truck like some of these demonic rice squashing maniacs do. I will stick with my humbling pissant 90 hp and be happy:lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am very happy with my Hot PPE Xcelerator

1 - 16 of 16 Posts