Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
There are several places out there that sell the Edge products for well under retail pricing. All I can say is, be careful who you buy from, theres alot of shady characters out there. If we can help, let me know.

·
Registered
220 Posts
fishingn said:
Who has the best price on the edge juice & attitude monitior???
As others indicated, be careful whom you purchase
from. If it matters about a warrantee, buy from an
authorized dealer.

I used Chris at extremedieselproducts.com and
was very satisfied with the price and service.
http://www.extremedieselproducts.com/CHEVY.html

hth,

T.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Terry said:
fishingn said:
Who has the best price on the edge juice & attitude monitior???
As others indicated, be careful whom you purchase
from. If it matters about a warrantee, buy from an
authorized dealer.

I used Chris at extremedieselproducts.com and
was very satisfied with the price and service.
http://www.extremedieselproducts.com/CHEVY.html

hth,

T.

Ditto, give Chris a call. He will treat you right.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
fishingn,

I also can't express enough how careful you need to be on E Bay! Currently Edge Products is dealing with the E Bay issue daily and folks that are still out there at low prices are either very brave and or they are selling out of inventory as they are not probably getting more etc for future sales etc.

So it goes without saying Site Supporters like us will take care of the pricing issue, we want your business, that's why we advertise here! Just make sure you have somewhere to go if you have a problem with a product, with us you do. E Bay today and gone tommorrow does happen on a pretty frequent basis!

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You don't have to but if you want use of every function as in EGT monitering and backdown you will ...

Mac

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iam kinda scared of drilling i remenber what happened to that fella on here that tried to do it & cost him some $$$$$$$$$$. I dont really need the additional power i dont pull or haul anything heavy but it sure sounds like it would be fun.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Bought mine from Conn's Performance (site supporter!). Great deal!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The hot Juice w/ Attitude needs to come down a lot if it is still up around $1000. It should be in the $700-$750 range, and the regular should be $550-$600 That is a fair price.

Until the price comes down to those prices they are going to lose lots of sells to other companies. The TST PowerMax is over priced as well at $849, and in my opinion it is in the same category as the Hot Juice/Attitude.

I have talked to dozens of Duramax owners (And many have rode in my truck) When they find out the price for some of the higher priced boxes/programers they freak out.

There is not a box/programer worth more then $800 Quad is the worst about this, The 215 hp box is triple the price of the 135hp box. That; my friend is a rip off.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The 135 numbers lays right over the hot Juice at the dyno and is nearly 600 beans with no mandatory IMO, gauges .....

The Edge /Attitude can be had at MANY distributers for 800 bucks some with free shipping ,legit dealers not ebay ...

Mac

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
There is a guy here in GR that even installs them for free when you purchase it from him, EGT probe and all

While I do agree that its a lot of money for a tuner.....what else can you drive, bolt on another 120ish HP and gobs of torque, do it with out any tools or knowledge in just a few minutes, and for less then a grand?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Mackin said:
The 135 numbers lays right over the hot Juice at the dyno and is nearly 600 beans with no mandatory IMO, gauges .....

The Edge /Attitude can be had at MANY distributers for 800 bucks some with free shipping ,legit dealers not ebay ...

Mac

You are talking about the regular Juice/Attitude for 800 smackers, right? I have seen many places with that price, and some for 50 or so bucks less. I have yet to see the Hotie with an Attitude for under $950 (Not the ones on the street corners after dark
)

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
125 is regular Attitude Juice .... The 145 Comp is damanding a higher cost ...

Mac

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
To gain 125rwhp with a gas truck motor, you will have to:

Use a 150hp wet nitrous kit ($1000 + bigger fuel pump + tuning)

or

Increase CI (bore/stroke) and change heads and cam ($4000)

or

Supercharge it ($6000+)

So getting 125 easy HP for a grand doesn't sound too bad.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
McRat said:

or

or

Supercharge it ($6000+)

And your point is?

Why would you quote prices for a gas engine, when we are talking diesel? I hear the prase apples to apples all the time! So lets try and stay focused

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
$1000 bucks is a lot of money, but on a $/HP basis a tuner is very cheap. Less than $10/hp.

What other modifications for a diesel yield a better $/hp ratio than a box?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
For the Duramax ?? Squat if we are including PCM programming ....Injectors haven't proven to be worth TF yet ....

Only Drugs .... Propane tank and Regulator will run nearly a Grand for a hundred horse .... NOX NFG without some fuel ...

Cummings (For HOOT) you get Turbo and injector .... I don't consider Furd a contender ....

Mac

·
Registered
511 Posts
McRat said:

or

or

Supercharge it ($6000+)

Dont ya Love Diesel!!

HDMax, He's just saying that the price for the Juice/Attitude isnt bad when compared to what it cost for the same gains on a gasser.

I got mine from Cons Performance also, the price was GrrrEAt and service too!Edited by: 2MuchFun

1 - 20 of 60 Posts