Diesel Place banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
My 6.5 scared a prius
1,215 Posts
If you have never dropped the tank and looked at the tank sock with the problems your having, the BEST thing to do would be to Drop the tank and remove that sock and replace it, OR remove the sock and put an external filter (30 micron or so i believe), before the Lift Pump. I have noticed lately that people have been having the same or close to the same problem on here lately with that and the sock has been the gremlin causing the issue.

Reactions: jrsavoie and guybb3

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
If you have never dropped the tank and looked at the tank sock with the problems your having, the BEST thing to do would be to Drop the tank and remove that sock and replace it, OR remove the sock and put an external filter (30 micron or so i believe), before the Lift Pump. I have noticed lately that people have been having the same or close to the same problem on here lately with that and the sock has been the gremlin causing the issue.
It's because all of our trucks are old now and the socks don't last forever, right? I knew mine was my problem because when I blew compressed air (or lung power when it stopped me on the side of the road) back into the tank, my stalling problem would go away for a few weeks.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts