Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys running some cool looking mudflaps let me know what I should buy.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I can't fit any on the front tires
, just no room left. I don't want to use some of the larger flap-type because most of them require drilling new mounting holes, and that equates to guaranteed rust within short order if you live in the salt belt like me. Anyone who has suggestions, I'm also listening.

Mike

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I have the Durflaps made by Kaydenco. They are the semi-type but actually work and I think they look good IMO.
I run 315's with a 4" lift. You should be able to see some picts via the link in my sig. Dennis is the owner and a very nice guy to work with. Call him if you have questions ...

http://www.kaydenco.com/

On edit: I'm not if if you'd have room up front ... I don't have much clearance either but they don't rub. The flaps are about 3/8" thick.Edited by: tophog

·
Registered
461 Posts
How about factory GM moulded mud flaps? Already installed.I am thinking of doing H-2 RIMS with 285 tires

·
Registered
754 Posts
Tophog do they require drilling mounting holes, or do they use existing?

HVACDIESEL I had the GM accessory flaps, no fit with 315's. 285's, maybe.

Mike

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
VFRRider said:
Tophog do they require drilling mounting holes, or do they use existing?

HVACDIESEL I had the GM accessory flaps, no fit with 315's. 285's, maybe.

Mike

IIRC, you need to drill 2 holes in each fender well to install them correctly. You could probably get by with using the existing holes but wouldn't be as sturdy.

I had the Husky's and even with 265's I managed to sand/rock blast my rear quarters. There is another thread on here with lots of posts about guys sand blasting the paint off their rear quarters. The Husky's don't provide complete coverage ... about 2/3 of the rear rocker with stock tires and it goes down hill from there.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You can make the Husky's work with the 315's but it takes trimming, zip ties and additional rubber to extend them. Mine look really bad and I will be replacing them.

Didn't someone use a heat gun to reshape theirs to work?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have no name front ones. Very thin and I could have mounted them using the inner fender holes but didn't. My rears are made from a truck flap. I ripped one off in a snow bank so I'm make new wider ones. The ones in my pics are 12" wide and were done before the H2's. I made my own because I wanted long ones to keep snow from packing the step bumper.Edited by: Jeli

1 - 9 of 9 Posts