Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best settings on the edge/att to get the fastest times? Ran mine on #2 today and got 8 sec 0-60 and 88mph 16 sec in the 1/4. Seems SLOW to me. See my sig for mods. Thanks for any ideas:) :)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Well 5/5 of course! That is if your brave enough and think the tranny will take it.:cool:

Mine does:ro) ....................so far anyway!

P.S. Mine is the Hot Juice, so I actually keep it on 4/5 which is the same as 5/5 on a regular Juice. ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about the rest of the settings, tran defuel, boost ect???

·
Registered
5,112 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Answers???????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
well 5/5 duhh
If you like you tranny limit that to 3
If not and you have money get the tranny built and then add more power

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I'm STILL LOOKING FOR is the best settings for boost, trany defuel, ect. ya #5 would be quite obvious for the most power.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I run mine in level 3 around town, and used level 4 at the track this weekend.
I set my low boost fuelling adjustment to level 5 also (most smoke & power).
I set my tranny to defuel the 4-5 locked shift to somewhat protect the trans.
I have the EGT limited at 1350, but I have not come close to that (even at the track) since installing my exhaust.
Hope this helps. Kinda conservative so I don't eat the tranny all at once, but aggressive enough to still have fun and save my pennies for the eventual.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
Level 3 would be a pretty safe level for a stock trans. Low boost depends how much smoke you like. I like them to come clean quickly.

If you run level 5 you will hurt the transmission. Maybe not immediately, maybe no limp mode, but it will slip, the Edge will see it and reduce the power to a level at or below level 4 in most cases. Over time you will degrade the holding abilities of the transmission.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input, I still don't see much smoke on #5 boost but it seems to have better pick-up, I have been running edge on #2 but maybe will kick up to #3, I have my tranny defueling on all the gears but should I have it locking up on 1-3 or will that knock my tranny out?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You won't see much smoke till you put it in level 4 or 5.

You can only set it to defuel on all locked shifts or just the 4-5 shift. 5th gear is the weak gear. You should always have it set to defuel 4-5 shift at least IMO.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Even then, mine barely smokes in a 5x5 5th gear roll on from 1300 rpm, so thats pretty normal. No fogging out lanes or traffic, or filling up interesections with soot. I have pics from the track where on level 4, I got a little puff cloud then instantly cleaned up. I wish sometimes it would smoke on demand like an old coal train, but haven't found that magic program/module yet that will allow that w/o a built trans.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Even then, mine barely smokes in a 5x5 5th gear roll on from 1300 rpm, so thats pretty normal. No fogging out lanes or traffic, or filling up interesections with soot. I have pics from the track where on level 4, I got a little puff cloud then instantly cleaned up. I wish sometimes it would smoke on demand like an old coal train, but haven't found that magic program/module yet that will allow that w/o a built trans.
mines the same way. after i got my updated edge box i noticed it smoked a little more.. i think efi live will eventually be able to make a stock lb7 smoke

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Well when your running in 5th gear at 1300 rpm you already have some boost built up. So by the time you nail it, there is boost already and you wont see much smoke.

If you stab the throttle from 0 boost, you will see smoke in the upper settings. Mine smokes like a frieght train from 0 boost. It does nearly completely clean up once boost is built though.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I wish sometimes it would smoke on demand like an old coal train, but haven't found that magic program/module yet that will allow that w/o a built trans.[/quote]

that wont happen, the smoke means too much power for the tranny:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i run at 2/5 and get 17.3 mpg in colorado

·
Registered
306 Posts

You can only set it to defuel on all locked shifts or just the 4-5 shift. 5th gear is the weak gear. You should always have it set to defuel 4-5 shift at least IMO.
Could utilizing a 5th gear lock out switch get around that?

Or at least keep us out of the danger zone?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Thanks for the input, I still don't see much smoke on #5 boost but it seems to have better pick-up, I have been running edge on #2 but maybe will kick up to #3, I have my tranny defueling on all the gears but should I have it locking up on 1-3 or will that knock my tranny out?? Thanks

if you are racing then you don't want to defuel between gears, you are losing time when that happens. Put the levesl on the highest you are comfy with and disable the defueling between shifts. Low boost 5 is of course the most responsive and Power level 3 is about as high as you want to go with the stock tranny.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
page 21 of the manual..

Transmission Setup Option Descriptions
Defueling at locked (when the torque converter is locked) shift points reduces the torque output by the engine and allows the torque converter clutch to lock after the shift.

Defuel all locked shifts
With this option, when the torque converter is locked the amount of fuel at the shift point is reduced—thus decreasing torque during the shift point and allowing the torque converter clutch to lock. This will cause less wear on the transmission—and result in overall improved drivability.

Defuel 4-5 locked shift
This option provides a decrease in torque output at the shift point between gears 4 and 5, thus decreasing torque during the shift point and allowing the torque converter clutch to lock. This will cause less wear on the transmission—and result in overall improved drivability.

No defuel on shifts
This option provides no decrease in fuel during shift points. Power will be delivered throughout all of the shift points resulting in quicker more responsive shifting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On level 3 in 4hi, mine runs 5.7 0-60, on level 5 in 4hi, still 5.7, both with defeueling all locked shifts, which is probably why the #s are the same. I think I need to stop running in 5 though, I limp moded the tranny for the first time last week racing a wrx. But at least I was ahead 'till then. Oh, and mine leaves a nice black cloud on level.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts